· compatible with latest iOS and new devices
· sub-meter GPS accuracy
· improved detection of coordinates in copied text
· improved resolution of taken screenshots
· lots of smaller improvements and bug fixes
Sub-meter, sub-foot, sub-yard, 5-digit accuracy kilometers and miles are now available as short distance units in the app settings. Smaller units are now only used for short distances while higher precision kilometers and miles are also used for long distances. Send us your thoughts if you have an external sub-meter GPS and want this feature improved further.
If you've noticed a bug or have some troubles with setting up the app, please contact us via the support form on our web site.
Commander Compass is an essential GPS toolkit for outdoors and off-road navigation. Packed with tools it serves as a hi-tech compass with maps, gyrocompass, GPS receiver, waypoint tracker, speedometer, altimeter, Sun, Moon and star finder, gyro horizon, and coordinate converter. It saves your custom places and waypoints, navigates precisely to them later, shows them on maps, displays detailed GPS info, measures distances, angles, and does a lot more.
COMPASS & GYROCOMPASS
Accuracy improvement techniques, special compass modes and calibration methods available in Commander Compass only make it a real instrument – the most advanced and accurate digital compass.
FINDER, TRACKER & NAVIGATION
Commander Compass operates in 3D to show real-time object positions, info and directions to them overlaid over maps or a simple background.
Save current position, add points from maps, manually enter location coordinates and bearings, add stars by hand or use a built-in star catalogue.
Find saved places and objects later simply by following directional arrows.
Commander Compass tracks multiple targets simultaneously and shows their info – distance, direction, azimuth, elevation and estimated time of arrival.
Copy, paste and share locations, coordinates and map links using many supported formats.
GPS, SPEEDOMETER & ALTIMETER
Find and track your location and get detailed real-time GPS data – coordinates in dozens of formats, altitude, course, current, maximum and vertical speed, using imperial, metric, nautical and surveying units.
See your and targets’ positions on maps using different map styles and alternative map providers – plan waypoints and measure distances.
NAVIGATE BY STARS
Track positions of stars, Sun and Moon with arc second precision – use them as a reference to calibrate compass for maximum accuracy.
DEMO & HELP
- June 24, 2011 New version 3.3
- June 29, 2011 New version 3.3.3
- October 11, 2011 New version 3.3.5
- October 18, 2011 New version 3.3.6
- March 29, 2012 New version 3.3.7
- May 10, 2012 New version 3.3.8
- September 23, 2012 New version 3.3.9
- December 12, 2013 New version 3.5
- April 11, 2014 New version 3.7
- April 30, 2014 New version 3.7.1
- January 27, 2015 New version 3.7.7
- May 23, 2015 New version 3.7.9
- October 09, 2015 New version 3.7.11