What's NewNotable changes:
* added falling debris (you can vary the amount from Settings)
* added twitter support (requires iOS 5)
* changed sound effects for chain sound style
* modified two player game objective
* modified two player row generation
If you like DropZap, please rate/review it in the App Store every time there's an update. Under iOS 5, you can rate DropZap via a Game Center leaderboard from within the app.
App Description"Itâ€™s easy to call DropZap one of the best puzzle games in the App Store... Itâ€™s fun, addictive, and puts a fresh spin on dropping blocks to clear other blocks..." - The iPhone App Review
DropZap is a NOT a color matching game! Rather, you SHRINK pieces until they disappear!
If you are a fan of Tetris, Drop7, etc., then you will definitely want to check out DropZap!
HOW TO PLAY
Tap/drag to select the column where you want the piece to land. When any piece lands, it SHRINKS pieces below and sideways. The smallest piece (colored red) disappears when shrunk. Your game ends when the grid is full or piece(s) go beyond top.
When a piece disappears, any piece(s) above it will fall, potentially resulting in other pieces disappearing, and so on. Chain reactions can be quite elaborate and are an integral part of gameplay.
(1) Standard: This mode is level-oriented and does not require quick reaction time.
(2) Relentless: This mode is not level-oriented and does not require quick reaction time.
(3) Action: This mode is level-oriented and requires quick reaction time.
(4) Relentless Action: This mode is not level-oriented and requires quick reaction time.
(5) Two Players: This a split-screen mode where two players compete using the same device. The player who scores at least 1000 more points than his/her opponent or outlasts his/her opponent wins.
LOCAL AND GLOBAL LEADERBOARDS
Single player game modes have local and global leaderboards.
Game Center is supported but not required for global leaderboards.
Please note that the non-Game Center global leaderboards are completely separate from the Game Center ones -- they do not share any score submissions.
"...itâ€™s a fun game and I found it to be pretty hard to put down." - iPhone Application List
"...the game play is interesting and keeps the player gripped. It is one of those games that we keep on playing saying â€śJust one more gameâ€ť for a long, long time." - iPhone Footprint
"DropZap excels in what it attempts to do: offer a quick action-puzzle game with a unique gameplay mechanic that has varying modes of difficulty that will satiate the hardest of the hardcore block elimination fanatics." - Dallas iPhone Games Examiner
Background images credit: NASA/courtesy of nasaimages.org.
Uses cocos2d for iPhone.
cocos2d license: http://www.cocos2d-iphone.org/wiki/doku.php/license
CocosDenshion Copyright (c) 2010 Steve Oldmeadow; license: http://www.cocos2d-iphone.org/wiki/doku.php/cocosdenshion:license
March 09, 2013 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
December 19, 2012 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
September 15, 2012 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
November 12, 2009 Initial Release