148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: VEXED BY THE HEX :: Read Our Full Review >>
HexaLex is a word game both enhanced and constrained by what it does differently from other games.
What's NewVersion 2.4 brings lots of improvements and fixes!
* New stats: double-doubles and triple-triples
* New record: most words formed in one play
* See your score as you drop tiles
* See player names in-game
* Sound enabled for push notifications
* Dictionary updates
* Smoother scrolling of game board for older devices
* Fix: Prevent AI from getting stuck passing forever
* Various other improvements
App DescriptionNow on SALE! 33% off for a limited time!
"The whole thing is marvelous. The graphics are really stellar, and the controls are obvious, and perfect." -TheAppEra.com
"Hexalex delivers a fun word gaming experience that will delight Scrabble gamers." -BuzzFocus.com
* Featured by Apple: App Store's New and Noteworthy!
* Gold Award, 9.5/10 - GamersDailyNews.com
* Gizmodo: Week's Best Apps
* MacWorld: 4/5 Mice
* TUAW Daily App
Scrabble fans, meet the world's first hexagonal crossword game. HexaLex takes the classic, easy to learn but hard to master game and adds a new dimension. Hexagonal tiles let you play words in three directions instead of two. Words interact in surprising ways! But have no fear, thanks to the innovative instant feedback system, tutorial, and detailed built-in help, you'll be laying down major scores in no time. If you're hooked on Scrabble or Words With Friends you're going to love HexaLex!
* Game Center Leaderboards/Achievements & Retina Display graphics
* 2-4 player online games, with push notifications when it's your turn.
* Feed your inner geek with extensive stats and records tracked in each game and over your career.
* Leaderboards & over 30 Medals, with or without Game Center
* 4 computer opponents for single-player gaming.
* Play online games in the plane or on the subway! Your moves will be sent the next time you've got an internet connection.
* All the tools demanding crossword gamers love, including tile shuffle, dictionary search, and a 2-letter word list.
"Every one of us needs to snatch this up." - TheAppEra.com
"I will go out and say that this is even better than the traditional" - AppAdvice.com
"...fans of Scrabble will be immediately at home as soon as they start up this great app." - PlatformNation.com
"...for fans of Scrabble or word-games this is definitely a great implementation of a classic game." - AppSpy.com, 4/5
"Seriously, playing Scrabble now seems ghetto." - iTunes review
November 24, 2009 Initial Release