- iPhone 5 Support
- HD iPad Support
- Switched from OpenFeint to Game Center
- Fixed Game Center to work in horizontal
- Faster Rank Change reloads
- Supports Multitasking (finally! yeesh)
- tiny tiny fix to adjust star background offset
You've never played an iOS action game that controlled this well.
"Asteroids meets Canabalt"
As seen in the WIRED Magazine App Guide - 9.0 out of 10
As seen in MacLife Magazine
As reviewed in Giant Robot and Tap! Magazines
Kotaku's Gaming App of the Day
*Featured at Fantastic Fest 2011*
* Featured in Apple's New and Noteworthy / What's Hot *
"A must-have, no matter what kind of games you enjoy on Apple's touchscreen devices"
"Holy crap, this is awesome!"
"Some of the best music this side of Mega Man 2"
-SlideToPlay - rated 3/4
"Dodge lasers and asteroids in an effort to keep your bit pilot alive to the wonderous chiptunes of Sabrepulse. Seriously, the soundtrack alone is worth your 99 cents."
"Games like Bit Pilot are why I love the iPhone"
-TouchGen - 4.5 stars
Featured in GamePro's iPhone Games Of The Week 3/22/10
"Pixelated asteroids flying across the screen boost the game's nostalgic appeal, while its on-pitch bit tunes send it into overdrive"
"Fast paced gameplay, well implemented touch controls and a great 8-bit soundtrack"
"A premium title with quick pick up and play action perfect for its platform, and should absolutely not be missed." - thecurrentgamer.com
"A deceptively-intense game with a lot of personality, fluid controls and a thought-provoking soundtrack. It’s a successful, innovative “retro-infused” modern take on a well-defined, often-finicky genre. At only .99, Bit Pilot is well worth your allowance"
-148Apps - 4 out of 5 stars
"There’s a lot to love here; from the fluid controls to the speedy gameplay it feels like Squareball just met Space Miner. We heartily recommend this one."
"If you have enjoyed Canabalt's fast paced, heart pumping action, Bit Pilot will fit right into your collection of games
on the iPhone ... Take a deep breath, sit back, relax, thumbs on the screen and
enjoy. Bit Pilot is absolutely fantastic!"
Bit Pilot was created by Zach Gage (SpellTower, Halcyon, Unify, SynthPond)
and has music by the prolific chiptune artist Sabrepulse.
Bit Pilot uses an intuitive and unique control scheme unlike anything you've tried before. Each thumb swipe on the screen adds the force of that swipe to your ship.
Control with one thumb for small motions, and use two at once in the same direction for quick movements, or two in different directions for precision. Its difficult to explain, but extremely intuitive and precise once you try it. Check out the videos on bitpilotgame.com.
After you get good, the next time you try a dual stick shooter on your xbox, you'll wish you were using a touch controller.
- Intuitve and precise touch controls
- Intense retro bullet-dodging
- Awesome music by Sabrepulse
- 6 Unlockable tracks + More bonus unlockables
- Fifteen Challenging Achievements
- Global highscore lists and ranking through OpenFeint and Game Center
- January 16, 2013 New version 2.1.1
- January 11, 2013 New version 2.1
- June 29, 2011 New version 2.0.1
- June 16, 2011 New version 2.0
- June 22, 2010 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- June 21, 2010 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- March 05, 2010 New version 1.0.1