NEW Retina Graphics!
Support for iPhone5, 5S, 5C 4" Screen
Improved Multi-player via Bluetooth or wifi
Don't miss the chance to grab a piece of gaming history!
The original arcade fighter from Data East, now complete with **MULTI-PLAYER**, Karate Champ is the very first fighting game and spawned a thousand imitators.
One of IGN's Top10 Most Influential Games of all time, and to many the game that embodies what a fighter should be.
Featured in iTunes must-have 'Retro Games', Former Top10 Arcade Game worldwide and nominated for the 'Best App Ever Awards' and Included in Touch Arcades list of must have apps for iPhone.
As featured by Apple, Gizmodo, Touch Arcade, and Pocket Gamer, Karate champ is more than a blast from the past and a must-have for your fighting game / retro collection, Karate Champ is unique for it's use of TWO STICKS NO BUTTONS, VERTICAL screen, and 2 player mode via wifi and bluetooth.
This not only makes it unique among the fighting game fraternity but perfectly suited to the iPhone from a control perspective, and one of the best 2 player experiences on iTunes.
- Dual Arcade Stick Controls (no D-Pad or buttons).
- Vertical orientation (no thumbs covering the action :)
- Virtual arcade cabinet surround and facia
- 1 Player vs CPU over 12 environments
- 2 PLAYERS via Bluetooth and WIFI !!
- all the bonus rounds (including the rampaging bull :)
- all the classic 80's sounds
- Various New User Settings
Super large Character Option
Customise the arcade unit facia
Old school scanlines on/off
- and much much more.
This is no random button masher, it's about skillfully executing perfectly timed karate moves against ever more challenging opponents in your quest to become the one true Karate Champ!
Rebuilt from the ground up for the iPhone and iPod Touch, Karate Champ is a beloved retro classic without equal.
i) 2 Player Mode requires access to wifi OR 2 devices with compatible bluetooth.
ii) Karate Champ provides a lag free experience but to ensure best results use either Wifi OR Bluetooth but don't leave both on as it can cause network confusion in rare cases.
iii) Karate Champ has been designed for iPhone and iPod Touch play but also looks and plays GREAT on the iPad with 2x scaling and of course multiplayer via wifi/bluetooth. :)
*Separate dedicated iPad version 'Karate Champ XL' also available with 2 Player head to head SPLITSCREEN mode.
- September 01, 2011 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- November 26, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- December 09, 2011 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- May 04, 2013 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- May 09, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- August 10, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- August 23, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- September 30, 2013 New version 2.0