☂ Bug fixes
WW2 Daily answers two questions. What happened today in World War Two? Where did it happen? Show me a map!
Flip through daily "cards" showing important events leading up to and during the most deadly and probably most significant conflict in human history.
Each "card" shows the date, a succinct description and a zoomable map for the event.
You can flip the "card" over to read the Wikipedia article describing the event.
You can sort your "deck" of events using two mechanisms:
- Sort by day and month for a "this day in history" view.
- Select a start date and then sort by day, month and year for a true chronological sequence of events from that date onwards.
- Search for a keyword like "Stalingrad", "Midway" or "Marines"
The data for WW2 Daily comes from the World War Two Timeline Project at Cannonade.Net. This is a community contributed project to collect time and place data for the war. You can come to the site to browse the timeline or even log in and contribute new data.
The Timeline Project currently indexes over 500 data points with new entries being added daily. If a significant event isn't in the database yet, it soon will be.
- June 02, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- February 20, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- September 03, 2012 New version 1.7
- October 30, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- October 28, 2011 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- June 24, 2011 New version 1.5