- iOS 7 redesign
- Improved reliability of language pack download
- Improved accuracy
- Now requires a minimum of iPhone 3GS and iOS 5.1.1
- Bug fixes
- Translate any printed text instantly by taking a photo with iPhone camera. Works great with foreign newspapers, booklets, menus, even product manuals.
- New version supports camera input from Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Russian, and more.
- Save on roaming bill. Babelshot does not send your camera photos over cellular network.
- Top Pick by O'Reilly Media as "Best App for Translating Printed Text." (Nov 13, 2009)
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
Best performance is guaranteed on iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, the new iPad, iPad 4, and 5th generation iPod touch only.
Camera translation requires taking a photo of printed text in good focus and reasonable lighting. Some materials cannot be translated, for example handwritten text, artistic fonts, text on busy background, etc.
Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (simplified and traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
Additional languages are supported for keyboard input only:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Belarusian, Croatian, Estonian, Galician, Hindi, Icelandic, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Persian, Swahili.
Please email us at [email protected] if you have any questions.
- December 03, 2014 Price increase: $4.99 -> $6.99
- July 25, 2014 New version 1.5
- April 11, 2013 New version 1.4
- June 25, 2012 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- June 18, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- June 18, 2012 New version 1.3
- December 14, 2011 New version 1.2.1
- December 03, 2011 New version 1.2