Various bug fixes
Start, locate and control your car from virtually anywhere with your iPhone, or Apple Watch!
“Making the cloud-connected car a reality”
"The coolest thing at the Consumer Electronics Show"
"Without a doubt, one of the coolest apps I've ever seen"
The Viper brand created the connected car category for the automotive aftermarket with the launch of Viper SmartStart in 2009. With the release of its all-new 4th generation Viper SmartStart app, connecting with and controlling your vehicle is easier than ever – including control via your Apple Watch.
- Add a Viper SmartStart module to the Viper system in your car so you can start, lock and unlock your car from virtually anywhere. Receive push or text notification if your car alarm goes off.
- Add a Viper SmartStart GPS module instead, and you can also locate your car, share activity on Facebook (because your car needs friends, too), and set safety notifications if your car is speeding or goes where it's not supposed to go.
- For the ultimate connected car experience, install a complete Viper SmartStart Digital System and you’ll also get notified if your vehicle sets a diagnostic code, along with direct feedback from the car databus for feature status. Check out the 60 Day Free Trial GPS Premium service that’s included at no extra cost with these systems!
- For even more convenience, add a Viper SmartKey module and your car will unlock when it detects you approaching, and lock again automatically when you walk away.
Are you tired of carrying around another clunky remote control on your keychain, or finding yourself out of range when you really need to warm up or cool down your car before getting in? Now you can securely remote start, lock/unlock, or find your car just by pushing a button on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, using the exciting new Viper SmartStart app from Directed, the leader in vehicle security and remote start.
The sleek, modern dashboard of Viper SmartStart 4.0 gives you fingertip control over the following features of your installed Viper remote start or security/remote start system:
- Remote car starter
- Trunk release
- Aux channels
With Viper SmartStart GPS, locate your vehicle and add family-friendly features such as SmartFence and Speed alerts so you get notified if your kids go somewhere they aren’t supposed to, or drive unsafely.
How do you get Viper SmartStart? Just follow these three simple steps:
1) Download the free Viper SmartStart app
2) Get SmartStart installed in your car (see viper.com/smartstart for more information and where to buy Viper SmartStart).
3) Set up your SmartStart account, and start using your SmartStart system.
That’s all there is to it!
Free features: Viper SmartStart 4.0 also includes free Guest membership in the Viper Motor Club, providing convenient flat rate 24/7 access to our nationwide roadside assistance network. Just press a button in the app to get connected for towing due to breakdown or accidents, or assistance with a dead battery or flat tire. No hardware or service purchase required.
Download the free app and check it out.
- Is my car secure when I remote start it? Yep, we've been doing this a long time. The car is started, but only you can drive it away.
- Can I control all of my cars with the same app? You bet, just install Viper SmartStart systems in your other vehicles and they will show up in the app automatically.
- What is Viper Motor Club? It's our roadside assistance program that is included with every SmartStart Secure service plan. Guest members sign up for free membership and pay only $79 per incident. Secure Plan subscribers get free roadside assistance included with their service plan.
- June 23, 2011 New version 2.2.1
- August 06, 2011 New version 2.2.2
- December 20, 2011 New version 2.3
- June 01, 2012 New version 3.0
- October 18, 2012 New version 3.0.1
- December 19, 2012 New version 3.1
- January 08, 2013 New version 3.1.1
- August 31, 2013 New version 3.1.5
- April 07, 2014 New version 3.2
- October 01, 2014 New version 3.2.1
- September 16, 2015 New version 4.0.1
- December 21, 2015 New version 4.0.5
- March 16, 2016 New version 4.1
- November 06, 2016 New version 4.2
- November 10, 2016 New version 4.2.1
- December 08, 2016 New version 4.2.2