148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: BARE BONES READER :: Read Our Full Review >>
WorldCard Mobile is a barebones business card reader who’s data recognition capabilities left me disappointed and frustrated. Scan results were inconsistent and the application’s refusal to bring me back to the main screen reveal much work needs to be done before WorlCard Mobile is worth its asking price.
What's New- Fix bug.
App Description~ Special promotion, only $2.99. ~ (MSRP:$9.99).
* Compatible with iOS 7/iPhone 5S/5C/5 *
Wall Street Journal recommends it to all professionals. Grab it, manage your life.
* Awards and Laurels *
• Named Best Mobile App OCR by 2010 MOBI Awards
• Winner of the CTIA 2010 E-Tech Award for Mobile Applications - Pro-sumer/Business Productivity
• Secured a spot among the Top 10 apps in the Business category in 194 countries
• Ranked #1 Business app in US App Store
• Ranked #1 Business Card Scanning application in Macworld.com
• The preferred business card management tool of mobile phone developers like HTC, telecommunications companies such as CHT/Taiwan Mobile and CRM developers like JustSystems
• Over 20 million users worldwide
* Testimonials *
• “For scanning business cards onto your iPhone, WorldCard Mobile stands out.” – Macworld
• “I’ve always been skeptical about contact capturing technologies…but I’m an overnight convert - [WorldCard Mobile] changed my outlook (pun intended).” - Bill French, iPhone CTO
• “WorldCard Mobile accurately read and sorted fax and mobile numbers, even when the cards labels used short-hand.” - Bob Tedeschi, New York Times
* App Description *
WorldCard Mobile, the leading business card scanning application for iPhone, uses OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology to instantly transfer information from business cards to users' native contacts. With a simple click of the camera, you no longer have to manually input contact info from business cards or email signatures.
Demo Movie: http://worldcard.penpowerinc.com/demo/worldcard-Mobile-iphone_demo.htm
* Why WorldCard Mobile? *
• Capture business cards anytime & anywhere
• Capture business card images with the iPhone’s camera.
• Support interface in different languages - English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and Dutch.
• Recognition of 16 languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Czech, Greek, Hungarian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Slovak, Spanish (Mexico) and Turkish. You can switch from one language to another, just like that!
• Sort recognized information by name, position, company, phone number, fax number, address or other fields.
* Manage contacts easily *
• View and manage contact info with Card holder function. Make a phone call, send SMS and email to your contacts directly.
• Merge new business card info with existing contacts.
• Select partially and recognize the specific area that contains the correct data.
• Find your contacts on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Expand your social and professional networks.
• Now Sync with Google Contacts and manage your contacts seamlessly!
• Manage contacts from both WorldCard Contacts and Google Contacts via WorldCard Mobile.
* Smart functions for your business *
• Exchange contact data through Open In, Mail and iTunes File Sharing. Import/export or backup your data on Mac/Windows quickly and conveniently.
• Share or backup your contacts via cloud services (iCloud / Dropbox). Manage your contacts on all devices, such as Mac PC/Windows PC.
• Recognize QR code to get more information easily.
• Copy email signatures and add them to your contact lists.
* Best Reviews *
• Best business app - Great for the networking business professional. (May 15, 2012 by Ellis Tarver)
• Great app! - Works as stated. Very useful for conferences! (May 14, 2012 by AustinFrthngSlsh)
• Great App. I like that I can put the cards in individual groups like the LV Green Chamber of Commerce and BNI. (May 10, 2012 by 21tenlasvegas)
• Editor Review - If you're a frequent business card recipient and you'd like to be mobile-enabled, check out WorldCard Mobile. (Michael Rose from TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog)
December 02, 2013 New version 6.1.1
November 05, 2013 New version 6.1.0
October 05, 2013 New version 6.0.6
September 26, 2013 Price Decrease: $6.99 -> $2.99
September 26, 2013 New version 6.0.5
July 01, 2013 New version 6.0.1
April 04, 2013 New version 5.3.5
November 02, 2009 Initial Release