What's NewBug fixes
App DescriptionThe Associated Press Stylebook is an essential tool for writers, editors, students and public relations professionals. It provides fundamental guidelines on spelling, grammar, punctuation, usage and journalistic style, with special sections on reporting business and sports.
Take the 2010 AP Stylebook with you anywhere with this new easy-to-use application. This handy app lets you:
- Search listings across all chapters
- Create your own custom entries
- Add notes
- Bookmark frequently visited listings
New content in the 2010 Stylebook mobile app includes:
- A new Social Media Guidelines section, with information on using tools like Facebook and Twitter, as well as 42 separate entries on such terms as app, blogs, click-throughs, friend and unfriend, metadata, RSS, search engine optimization, smart phone, trending, widget and wiki.
- New terms like Great Recession, referring to the 2007-08 economic downturn that was the worst recession since the Great Depression, and tea party, for the conservative political movement, along with new entries for Alcoholics Anonymous, Bluetooth, Blu-ray, bondholder, Breathalyzer, flu-like, GED, International Space Station, mic as the shortened form for microphone, hard line, high-five, Taser, thumbs-up and Ultimate Fighting.
- The change in AP style from “Web site” to “website”
- Added guidance on filing to the AP wire and writing captions.
Customers who bought the 2009 Stylebook app should receive the 2010 update at no additional charge. If you have not received your update, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
September 28, 2009 Initial Release