Emergency bug fix update. Ugh… it’s always something, eh?
First up is the new Today Widget where you can get handy Photo Tips, read inspirational Photo Quotes of the Day, and most importantly, easily open Camera+ from anywhere. That’s right… with a simple swipe & tap, you now have lock screen access to Camera+! In order to comply with the guidelines, we felt a bit like a Bichon Frisé jumping through a series of flaming hoops, but our singed fur was worth it to get this nifty feature into your hands. If you’re not familiar with how to enable widgets, simply follow the instructions in the Camera+ settings menu in the Extensions section.
Next up is the new advanced white balance control. What’s more enlightening than 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon? Howzabout 7000 degrees of kelvin white balance? For those of you who care about these sorts of things, you’ll be happy to hear that you can now dial the white balance in to whatever kelvin temperature value you’d like. Kelvin (or bacon) not your thing? Not to worry… there are still the easy-peasy white balance presets to make your life simple.
For those of you with an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus, Camera+ 6.2 now sports a completely native UI for your ginormous phone. Automatic scaling was ok, but there’s just no substitute for a pixel-perfect, custom UI designed specifically for your megaphone.
For you Instagram fanatics, with Camera+ 6.2, we’ve included direct Instagram sharing so you no longer have to go through the generic “Open In…” thingamajig. Saving steps is always a good thing. It’s just too bad that we didn’t get this feature in before Aaron Schock resigned. :(
And as always, we’ve iced a bunch of bugs. No mercy.
Over 10 million sold!
“The Clarity filter is iPhone photography’s secret sauce—it adds pro-camera crispness to almost any shot.”
— Kevin Sintumuang, The Wall Street Journal
“If the iPhone’s standard camera is like a digital point-and-shoot, the Camera+ app is like a high-quality SLR lens.”
— TIME: 50 Best iPhone Apps 2011
“improves on almost every aspect of the built-in camera app”
— Charlie Sorrel, Wired
“tap tap tap definitely has a winner on their hands with Camera+”
— Steven Sande, The Unofficial Apple Weblog
Winner: Best Visual Design, Best Photography App
— Best App Ever Awards
It’s all about one thing... great photos!
Whether you’re a seasoned photographer or someone who’s barely touched a camera, Camera+ will make you love taking photos.
Touch Exposure & Focus
Set exposure separately from focus. You can now easily control how light or dark your shots come out.
Use the Stabilizer to steady your iPhone and get the sharpest photos you can. There are countless uses for the Timer including taking the highest-quailty self-portraits. Capture all the action by using Burst to take rapid streams of shots.
Up to 6× zoom with advanced digital processing provides you with quality that simply blows away the competition.
How many times have you wanted to take a pic of yourself in a dark room but couldn’t. Well, now you can!
Use the Horizon Level to eliminate taking crooked shots.
Clarity is one of the biggest breakthroughs to happen to image processing in a long time. Clarity analyzes your photos and makes several intelligent adjustments that magically bring out details and breathe life into dull photos. With Clarity, you’ll stop throwing out bad photos… you’ll be amazed to see what it can do to photos that you’d typically consider unusable, like shots that came out too dark.
Most modern digital cameras all have scene modes to help you get the best photos for your particular situation. With Camera+, you get to choose from several scene modes including Food, Sunset, Night, Portrait, Beach, and many more.
Professional photographer, Lisa Bettany created a slew of stunningly beautiful effects. Make your photos shimmer with “HDR”… get down and dirty with “Grunge”… fill your pics with emotion and despair with “So Emo”. And this is just the tip of the iceberg… there are dozens of 1-touch effects for you to experiment with.
All the pics you take in Camera+ go in the innovative Lightbox where you can quickly and easily skim through them and get rid of bad shots. You save only the photos you’re satisfied with so that your camera roll stays neat and clean.
Whether you want to show your results to your friends and family or the whole world, Camera+ has got you covered. Proudly share your photos on Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr. Or go the more personal route and email or message them from right within the app.
iCloud Lightbox sync
Automatically sync your Camera+ photos between all of your devices. Shoot all day on your iPhone… and then edit at night on your iPad.
If you didn’t line-up your shot perfectly when you took it, you can easily fix that with Camera+. And when you want to get a bit creative, we setup a bunch of popular crop sizes for you. With a single tap, you can make your pics square, 4×6, 8×10, and more.
With Camera+ you get several great border designs, from simple black and white borders to more gritty designs, you’ll be able to add wonderful finishing touches.
Have some fun with your photos by putting captions on them. It’s a great way to really personalize your favorite shots.
- March 21, 2015 New version 6.2.1
- March 18, 2015 New version 6.2
- March 18, 2015 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- October 29, 2014 New version 6.1.1
- October 27, 2014 New version 6.1
- October 17, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- October 09, 2014 New version 6.0.2
- October 08, 2014 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- October 01, 2014 New version 6.0.1
- September 25, 2014 New version 6
- August 18, 2014 New version 5.2
- February 20, 2014 New version 5.1
- January 08, 2014 New version 5.0.1
- December 18, 2013 New version 5
- November 26, 2013 New version 4.2.2
- October 30, 2013 New version 4.2.1
- October 07, 2013 New version 4.2
- September 24, 2013 New version 4.0.2
- September 19, 2013 New version 4.0.1
- September 18, 2013 New version 4
- September 06, 2013 New version 3.9.3
- August 06, 2013 New version 3.9.2
- August 05, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- August 01, 2013 New version 3.9.1
- July 31, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- July 31, 2013 New version 3.9
- June 17, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- April 10, 2013 New version 3.8
- December 19, 2012 New version 3.7.1
- December 17, 2012 New version 3.7
- December 05, 2012 New version 3.6.2
- November 22, 2012 New version 3.6.1
- November 14, 2012 New version 3.6
- October 03, 2012 New version 3.5.1
- September 27, 2012 New version 3.5
- April 13, 2012 New version 3.0.2
- March 27, 2012 New version 3.0.1
- March 13, 2012 New version 3
- March 02, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- January 27, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- November 16, 2011 New version 2.4VS
- November 03, 2011 New version 2.3.3
- October 25, 2011 New version 2.3.2
- August 30, 2011 New version 2.3.1
- August 13, 2011 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- July 27, 2011 New version 2.2.3
- June 28, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- June 08, 2011 New version 2.2.1
- June 08, 2011 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- May 29, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- May 26, 2011 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- April 23, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- March 29, 2011 New version 2.2
- March 04, 2011 New version 2.1.1
- February 15, 2011 New version 2.1
- February 15, 2011 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- January 09, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- December 21, 2010 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- December 21, 2010 New version 2.0
- August 02, 2010 New version 1.2.1
- July 21, 2010 New version 1.2
- July 05, 2010 New version 1.1
- July 02, 2010 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- June 19, 2010 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99