* Fixed capability to restore subscription if account already has an active renewing subscription that isn't stored on the device yet.
Stories are timeless. Once a week. Our forty-eight stories delivered in a year, will, in the words of Poets & Writers, “provide a vibrant picture of the scope and diversity of American writing.” The New Yorker made us a Digital Pick of the Week. LA Times called Storyville a Top 5 Literary Treat.
Storyville publishes one story each week to your iPhone and iPad. The stories are always with you. Take them on the bus, to the airport, in a queue, in bed, or wherever you long for escape.
Our mission is to introduce you to unforgettable stories written by the best literary authors in America today. Our writers have won Pulitzer prizes, The National Book Award, and just about every other literary recognition.
We publish new work from the best established houses: Grove/Atlantic, Penguin, W.W. Norton, Random House, Simon and Schuster, and HarperCollins. And we publish stories from new collections in bookstores put out by dynamic independent presses, including Graywolf Press, Soft Skull Press, Akashic Books, Archipelago Books, and others. We publish your favorite writers of today and yesterday, and the emerging voices of tomorrow, and we do it all with high style, and in the grand tradition, with a twist.
Some of the remarkable authors we have published: Anthony Doerr, Jennifer Egan, Jim Shepard, Charles Baxter, Tom Perrotta, Ben Greenman, Mavis Gallant, Joe Meno, Edna O'Brian, Emma Straub, Edwidge Danticat, Belle Boggs, Yiyun Li, Patricia Engel, and more.
With this app purchase, you will receive your first six-month subscription. After the initial six months expires, you will have the option to continue the service by purchasing an auto-renewing subscription.
A six-month auto-renewing subscription to Storyville costs $4.99 and you receive:
o Twenty-four award-winning stories, with a new story delivered each Tuesday
o An archive that will remain for the length of your subscription
o Writers' commentary on how they came to write their story
o New stories, from singular voices, that are ours exclusively
o Unearthed gems by famous masters of the form, like Edith Wharton and Franz Kafka
o An easy to use interface with alerts and changeable settings
o Facebook and Twitter integration to post comments to your friends
You’ll need to register with Storyville after the app is installed –– just a username and password is required. Registration enables you, dear subscriber, to get updates on stories and read stories on more than one device. Join us today in Storyville.
In-App Auto-Renewing Subscription Terms and Conditions
- The subscription will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of your purchase.
- The subscription will auto-renew for an additional six-month term ($4.99) unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
- Subscriptions may be managed by you, the user, and auto-renew may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after your purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
- Any unused portion of the initial subscription period will be forfeited when you purchase an auto-renewing subscription to Storyville.
- November 03, 2012 New version 1.7
- October 03, 2012 New version 1.6
- April 07, 2012 New version 1.5
- December 11, 2011 New version 1.4
- September 10, 2011 New version 1.3
- September 02, 2011 New version 1.2