148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: IMAGINATIVE DESIGN :: Read Our Full Review >>
Reeder is one the most visually-appealing Google Reader clients that we've seen since the launch of the App Store. What it lacks in configuration it makes up for in smart, minimalist thinking.
What's NewGoogle Reader will be closed on July 1st. Please see here for more information on the future of Reeder:
What's new in 3.1?
First third-party sync service as an alternative to Google Reader, see http://feedbin.me for more info.
Local/standalone RSS support:
You now can use Reeder as a standalone reader, no syncing.
- Various bugfixes
App DescriptionRSS reader and client for Feedbin, Fever, Readability and Google Reader.
- Feedbin syncing (optional, paid account required, see feedbin.me)
- Fever syncing (optional, paid web app required, see feedafever.com)
- Readability syncing (optional, free account required, see readability.com)
- Google Reader syncing (optional, free account required, see google.com/reader)
- Local/standalone RSS
- Support for multiple Feedbin, Fever or Google Reader accounts
Please note: the use of all services is optional, which means it's possible to use Reeder only as either Feedbin, Fever, Readability or Google Reader client… or just as a standalone RSS reader.
- QUOTE.fm (recommend and read later)
- Facebook (iOS 6 only)
Sharing works from the article view and in-app browser. You can share articles, sites, links, text selections and images (article view only, tap on image to share).
Gestures, article list:
- Swipe right/left to toggle unread/starred (configurable for both directions)
- Two-finger swipe up/down to mark as read above/below
Gestures, article viewer:
- Swipe right to go back to article list
- Swipe left to open in-app browser
- Pinch-to-zoom for images
- Pinch to toggle Readability
- Image caching
- Subscribe and unsubscribe (Feedbin and Google Reader only)
April 28, 2013 New version 3.1
January 19, 2013 New version 3.0.6
November 08, 2012 New version 3.0.5
September 18, 2012 New version 3.0.4
July 13, 2012 New version 3.0.3
June 30, 2012 New version 3.0.2
September 24, 2009 Initial Release