* Bug Fixes
* iOS 6 support
PicTranslator comes with ONE language. You can purchase additional languages at any time by selecting "Change Language" on the crop screen.
*Featured by Apple in New and Noteworthy!*
Translate from any of the supported languages into your native language (over 50 languages!)
"I tested out the app with a Spanish menu, and the translation was fast and impressively accurate..."
-Adam Pash, Lifehacker
"PicTranslator...Needs to be seen to be believed. We gave it a spin, and it's surprisingly precise. Wow, the future is now."
-Raphael Brion, Eat Me Daily
"The most impressive iPhone app yet. This honor has to be awarded to PicTranslator."
-Brystmar's Poker Blog
"How do you get the 'hear Spanish' to work so quickly...the voice is so plain? Is there someone actively recording the words into a mic and uploading the results? I love the app...very neat!"
- Chris J.
A little help along the way...
PicTranslator turns your iPhone camera into a point-and-shoot translator AND pronouncer. Take pictures of road signs, menus, maps, or any printed foreign text (sorry, no handwriting yet) and PicTranslator will translate it to any of over 50 languages for you and for some languages let you hear how it's pronounced!
See PicTranslator in action on YouTube(tm):
NOTE: Asian languages are NOW supported.
- Chinese Simplified
- Chinese Traditional
*Language includes audio pronunciation as well, so you can order from menus or get directions like locals do.
**With PicTranslator, you'll be able to translate from ONE of the 16 supported languages. Support for additional languages can be purchased within the application at anytime by selecting "Change Language" on the crop screen.
- Camera quality greatly affects PicTranslator’s accuracy. All sizes of printed text are supported on the iPhone 3GS, but users with previous versions of the iPhone, like the original iPhone and the iPhone 3G, should stick to translating large text. iPhone 3G users can improve their accuracy with the Griffin Clarifi case.
- Translations require an internet connection.
- Text-extraction and translation accuracy will increase over time. Help us improve by using the in-app rating system!
Potential causes for inaccurate translation:
- Pictures taken at an angle
- Glare or shadows over text
- Distorted text - curved, elaborate fonts, vertical text, etc.
- Hand written text is not supported
- Computer screens don't work as well as print outs.
Feedback and comments are encouraged at http://www.PicTranslator.com.
- September 20, 2012 New version 1.6
- March 22, 2012 New version 1.5
- March 10, 2012 New version 1.4
- June 24, 2011 New version 1.3