What's New- Real-time alerts on breaking medical news
- Search improvements including:
o Quickly view all drugs in a particular class
o Easily scan through an A-Z listing of drugs (iPhone only)
o Rapidly access recently viewed articles through new search history capability
App DescriptionMedscape from WebMD (medscape.com) is the leading medical resource most used by physicians, medical students, nurses and other healthcare professionals for clinical information.
Our mobile app is used by over 3 million healthcare professionals and was the #1 most downloaded free app in the medical category in iTunes for 2010 (Source: iTunes).
Medscape apps for iPhone and iPad are available free.
- Medical news and critical alerts available in 34 specialty areas (updated daily). Select the specialties you want to follow.
- Search our entire Medscape News and MEDLINE databases right in app
- Ability to save articles, email articles, and share articles on Facebook
- Prescribing & safety information for 8,000+ brand & generic drugs, OTC drugs, and herbals & supplements
- Drug interaction checker (input up to 30 drugs, herbals and/or supplements at once)
- Save commonly searched drugs to a personalized ‘saved’ list for easy access
- Special features include pill images, detailed drug pricing, pregnancy & lactation guidelines, and more
Diseases, Conditions & Procedures:
- 4,000+ evidence-based articles authored by leading physician experts (supported with images and videos)
- 600+ step-by-step procedure videos
- 100+ tables & protocols
- Sections include pathophysiology, epidemiology, differential diagnoses, workup, treatment, medication options, and more
-129 medical formulas, scales, and classifications
-Over 600 drug monographs with integrated dosing calculators
-Formulas, detailed notes and references for each result
-Supports US and SI Units
Clinical reference database and drug interaction checker can be accessed from anywhere without an Internet connection.
CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION
- Vast selection of CME/CE activities in 32 specialty areas
- Search our entire collection of CME/CE activities right in app
- Ability to save activities, email activities, track credits earned, and more
PLUS MUCH MORE...
February 25, 2014 New version 4.4.1
November 07, 2013 New version 4.4
September 26, 2013 New version 4.3.1
July 01, 2013 New version 4.2
April 24, 2013 New version 4.1.1
April 10, 2013 New version 4.1
July 15, 2009 Initial Release