What's NewEnhanced iPad app features and functionality, including:
• Improved control of update process.
• Completely redesigned iPad user interface. Plus, iPad mini supported.
• Medical calculators added. 129 formulas, scales, and classifications. Plus, 600+ drug monographs have integrated dosing calculators.
• Formulary information added to drug monographs. Select from our complete list of 1,800+ insurance plans across all 50 states.
Update to iPhone app: iPhone 5 supported.
App DescriptionMedscape from WebMD (medscape.com) is the leading medical resource most used by physicians, medical students, nurses and other healthcare professionals for clinical information.
Our mobile app is used by over 3 million healthcare professionals and was the #1 most downloaded free app in the medical category in iTunes for 2010 (Source: iTunes).
Medscape apps for iPhone and iPad are available free.
- Medical news and critical alerts available in 34 specialty areas (updated daily). Select the specialties you want to follow.
- Search our entire Medscape News and MEDLINE databases right in app
- Ability to save articles, email articles, and share articles on Facebook
- Prescribing & safety information for 8,000+ brand & generic drugs, OTC drugs, and herbals & supplements
- Drug interaction checker (input up to 30 drugs, herbals and/or supplements at once)
- Save commonly searched drugs to a personalized ‘saved’ list for easy access
- Special features include pill images, detailed drug pricing, pregnancy & lactation guidelines, and more
Diseases, Conditions & Procedures:
- 4,000+ evidence-based articles authored by leading physician experts (supported with images and videos)
- 600+ step-by-step procedure videos
- 100+ tables & protocols
- Sections include pathophysiology, epidemiology, differential diagnoses, workup, treatment, medication options, and more
-129 medical formulas, scales, and classifications
-Over 600 drug monographs with integrated dosing calculators
-Formulas, detailed notes and references for each result
-Supports US and SI Units
Clinical reference database and drug interaction checker can be accessed from anywhere without an Internet connection.
CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION
- Vast selection of CME/CE activities in 32 specialty areas
- Search our entire collection of CME/CE activities right in app
- Ability to save activities, email activities, track credits earned, and more
PLUS MUCH MORE...
April 24, 2013 New version 4.1.1
April 10, 2013 New version 4.1
December 15, 2012 New version 4.0
September 20, 2012 New version 3.3
May 24, 2012 New version 3.2
January 30, 2012 New version 3.1
July 15, 2009 Initial Release