- bug fixes
Webby Award Official Honoree for
Best Streaming Audio
-- The Webby Awards, April 2015
"Wired's 20 Favorite iPhone Apps of 2009"
-- Wired's Gadget Lab, December 28, 2009
"A few weeks ago, LA's KCRW set the gold standard for radio station apps ..."
The ultimate radio app from world-renowned radio station, KCRW. Now with more listener-friendly features.
The KCRW Radio app streams all three KCRW channels On Air, Eclectic24 All Music and News. Music programs include real-time track lists.
Listen within the app or tap on "Play in background" (iOS 4) to listen via your Safari browser.
LISTEN ON DEMAND
The KCRW Radio app offers KCRW's Music, New and Talk programs for on-demand listening. On Demand content is updated with new shows daily and weekly. Listen up to 50 shows from each program (except music shows) on demand.
Listen within the app or tap on "Play in background" (iOS 4) for listening via your Safari browser.
Listen to KCRW's award winning programming including Morning Becomes Eclectic (with live performances), Guest DJ Project, Press Play, To The Point, Left, Right and Center, Good Food, Bookworm, Strangers, Unfictional, The Business, The Treatment, and many more.
REAL-TIME TRACK LISTS
See the names of artists and songs, in real-time, as our DJs play independent, alternative, hand-picked music.
BOOKMARK SONG TITLES
Save song titles from our playlists to remember your favorites for purchase later. Email the lists to yourself or share with friends.
BE TUNED-IN WITH EVENTS
Events feature information on the latest music, news and arts happenings around town. Listings contain date, venue and time information and are updated weekly.
KCRW ON TWITTER
Stay in touch with all things KCRW with an automatically updating feed from Twitter.
Offering cutting edge radio at its best, KCRW features an eclectic mix of independent music, news, talk and arts programming. The renowned radio station boasts a worldwide audience for its program content with members in every state and listeners in over 220 countries. KCRW-FM, licensed to Santa Monica College, is National Public Radio's (NPR) flagship station for Southern California.
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s audience measurement software that will allow you to contribute to market research, similar to Nielsen’s TV Ratings.
To learn more about Nielsen's digital audience measurement products and your choices in regard to them, please visit http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information.
- June 25, 2011 New version 1.5
- September 04, 2011 New version 1.7
- November 19, 2011 New version 1.8.4
- December 02, 2011 New version 1.8.5
- April 24, 2012 New version 1.8.6
- May 18, 2012 New version 1.8.7
- September 06, 2012 New version 1.9
- November 10, 2012 New version 1.9.4
- December 21, 2012 New version 1.9.5
- January 14, 2013 New version 1.9.6
- January 24, 2013 New version 18.104.22.168
- April 02, 2013 New version 2.0
- April 12, 2013 New version 2.1.0
- April 30, 2013 New version 2.2.0
- January 30, 2014 New version 2.2.1
- May 31, 2014 New version 3.0.0
- May 31, 2014 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- June 19, 2014 New version 3.0.1
- June 27, 2014 New version 3.0.2
- September 20, 2014 New version 3.0.3
- October 02, 2014 New version 3.0.4
- October 23, 2014 New version 3.0.5
- December 18, 2014 New version 3.1.0
- February 16, 2015 New version 3.1.1
- December 02, 2015 New version iOS Apps 3.1.5
- January 20, 2016 New version 3.1.7
- January 28, 2016 New version 3.1.8
- March 01, 2016 New version 3.2
- March 23, 2016 New version 3.2.2