What's NewUnlimited play for all game modes
Minor bug fixes
App DescriptionNow you can have an international Gold-Medalist Go Engine in your pocket, for free!
- Very strong engine with high international ranking
- 9x9 a delightful shorter game, fully enabled in this version
- 19x19 and 13x13 boards (free version limited to 40 moves)
- 2-player mode, as well as human-AI play mode
- 11 computer opponent levels
- 9 handicap levels
- Chinese and Japanese rules
- Professionally composed music, unique to this game
The ancient game of Go is still widely played in Japan, Korea and China. The simple rule set hides a game of enormous depth and strategic beauty, considered by many as being the ultimate thinking game.
Where Chess is highly analytical, Go depends on intuitive response to patterns and the capacity to trade advantages. The beginner can easily overplay a position or play too timidly – learning to play Go teaches fine judgment and complexity management.
The full version of this game offers unlocked 13x13 and 19x19 modes of play, save games, and full replay of move history.
From the AI Factory family of engines, Aya Go is the work of Hiroshi Yamashita, a Computer Olympiad Gold medalist in Go and also 3 times World Computer Shogi Champion. Aya is already available in airline in-flight entertainment and will shortly appear on 2 major gaming consoles. Aya has competed in 9 world computer tournaments over the past 7 years, winning Gold, 2 Silvers and 2 Bronze medals.
June 07, 2009 Initial Release