Weather sourced directly from the Australian Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) - an Australian Source for Australian Weather, makes sense doesn't it?
This is the Lite & Free version of Pocket Weather AU. It has only a small fraction of the features the full application has. If you like it and want more features, please purchase Pocket Weather AU.
- Forecast & observation data for hundreds of areas around Australia (every single location that the BOM has, we have)
- Automatically find your local weather using your current location
- Last update is always cached, so you don't need a network connection to check the weather for the week, once you've got it once.
- Updates are tiny (less than 10kb) so you don't have to worry about your iPhone data cap.
WHY WOULD I WANT THE FULLY FEATURED VERSION?:
- animated rain radars to tell you if you're about to get rained on
- animated synoptic and satellite charts to marvel at Australia wide weather
- Landscape weather view, see it all in one easy to read screen
- sunrise/sunset times for planning all sorts of activities
- 3 more skins to choose from to make the application look just the way you want it to
- tidal information for hundreds of locations around Australia (for the fishermen/boaties out there)
- Ability to customise the application to just the way you want it, like being able to open straight to your favourite location
- Warm fuzzy feelings knowing that you have done your bit by supporting Australian Developers!
WHO ARE WE:
This app is delivered fresh to your door, from three blokes in Adelaide. We do this in our spare time, and are committed to deliver the best features and support to all of you. We love hearing from you, and often implement ideas that we receive from you guys.
While we have explicit permission from the BOM to use and repackage all of their data, this app is not published, or maintained by the BOM, so please send your queries, suggestions and problems to us, and not them.
May 06, 2011 New version 2.1
May 19, 2009 Initial Release