What's NewUpdated the underlying data to use version 14 of the Database of British and Irish Hills. This includes some minor hill changes, plus the Binnions list now includes hills with a drop of only 100m (was 150m).
Added a description of the summit feature for over half the hills in the app, very useful in the mist!
Added external links to hill-bagging.co.uk (for all hills).
Added support for using the Apps folder on Dropbox. To change, simply unlink and re-authorise the app to Dropbox. Note that you will need to copy any files yourself, either from the app or by using a computer.
Worked around an issue where access to MWIS forced the app to quit to load Safari (iPad only).
The minimum iOS version is now 5.1.1.
Finally, if you like my app, please consider leaving a quick review on iTunes. There is a convenient link to do this at the bottom of the settings screen. Thank you!
App DescriptionProvides hill data for a number of popular UK and Ireland hill lists including ...
Munros and Munro Tops, Corbetts, Grahams and Donalds, Welsh and English Furths, Wainwrights and Outlying Fells, Birketts, the Irish 900s, Arderins, Binnions, Carns, Vandeleur-Lynams, all County Tops, the Trail 100 and many more!
There are 7316 hills in total, almost an entire lifetime of hill walking. If you run out, please let me know!
- Track completed hills by ticking those you have climbed
- View counts per list (hills completed and total)
- Supports multiple ascents and rounds
- Sort lists by section/book number, name, height, distance, date climbed or ascents
- Save the date and add notes for each ascent
- Share your location by email or SMS when you get to the top of each hill
- Access OS/Irish grid reference or latitude/longitude per hill
- View hill locations on a map
- See route information for popular hills, provided via external links to the Walk Highlands and MountainViews websites
- See weather information for selected regions in Scotland, Wales and England, provided by the Mountain Weather Information Service (MWIS) website
- Find your current location and display it as an OS/Irish grid reference or latitude/longitude
- Set your location by searching for places or postcodes
- View your current location and surrounding hills on a map
- Backup your data and sync it between devices using iCloud, Dropbox, WiFi or iTunes file sharing
- Universal app, works on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
DATA, ROUTES AND WEATHER
The data for the UK and Ireland has been extracted from version 14 of the Database of British Hills, with kind permission from Chris Crocker and Alan Dawson.
Route information for the Munros, Corbetts, Grahams, Wainwrights, Hewitts and most of the Trail 100 is provided via external links to the Walk Highlands website.
Route information for all the lists in Ireland is provided via external links to the MountainViews website.
Weather information for Scotland, the Lake District, the Peak District/Yorkshire Dales and Snowdonia is provided by the MWIS website.
Please don't leave support requests on iTunes as these are anonymous and I have no way of contacting you if I have questions. Instead there is a link to my support page from iTunes and from the app itself (or simply go to http://grahamhaley.co.uk/hills/). Alternatively, PLEASE contact me directly via my support pages and you will get a quick response.
May 12, 2014 New version 4.1
January 29, 2014 New version 4.0.1
October 13, 2013 New version 3.5.1
April 17, 2013 New version 3.5
October 02, 2012 New version 3.4.1
September 11, 2012 New version 3.4
May 24, 2009 Initial Release