What's New- OS 3.0 tested
- supports OpenFeint 2.0.
- There are 20 achievements available for Boulder Dash(R) Vol. 1
- Game has recently been translated from English into Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Japanese.
App DescriptionThe original, award-winning, #1 best-seller: Boulder Dash®, is now available for the first time for your iPhone and iPod touch! Race against time to clear a path and collect the number of diamonds required in order to open the exit in each of the 80 scrolling Caves. Avoid falling boulders and enemies. Be careful not to become trapped. Easy to learn, difficult to master.
Rockford™ returns to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Boulder Dash after sales of millions of units and release 4 times into the coin-operated arcades. The very first game in the Boulder Dash series is available here for the iPhone/iPod touch. All of the original caves, creatures and features are included. Play in ‘retro’ mode with the original movements, speed and graphics; or, enjoy the all new look and animations created specifically for iPhone/iPod touch.
Here are some great reviews:
"The latest offering from Chillingo has given me copious moments of entertainment!” 8/10, Great - AppGamer.net
“Boulder Dash offers a solid action puzzler that seems well adapted to the platform” – TouchArcade.com
"There are over 80 caves in this game, so you'll get plenty of game out of this download. I recommend it to retrogamers without hesitation." - IGN.com
"The game looks great and both control systems work a treat, so collecting jewels on the iPhone feels about as natural as it did on the Commodore." – Gizmodo.com
"Boulder Dash is a must-have for fans of the original arcade game, arcade games in general, or casual puzzle games - 4 out of 4 stars: A Should Have." - AppleiPhoneApps.com
Enjoy the challenge and fun that awaits as you in one of the most popular action puzzle, gravity based, diamond collection games ever released on any platform which now includes features unique to the iPhone and iPod touch such as: ‘pinch’ zooming; single-finger ‘flick’ panning of cave maps; switching between portrait and landscape during gameplay; multi-touch controls; and, much more.
When online, Boulder Dash® Vol. 1 for iPhone and iPod touch supports the Open-Feint social network so you can post your best overall scores to the main Boulder Dash leaderboard as well as your best scores for individual caves, on each of the 5 different level difficulty leaderboards. You can also chat with other players in Chillingo’s Boulder Dash chat room!
• Large Scrolling Caves
• Play or explore using “pinch” zooming
• Use the single-finger ‘flick’ to scroll cave maps
• Switch between portrait and landscape modes during play
• 2 sets of player configured virtual D-pad controls
• Or control Rockford™ simply by dragging your finger
• Supports multi-touch controls
• 4 different high resolution graphics sets
• Original 80 caves and 4 bonus caves
• Original music and sfx with an all new music remix of the original theme music
• All of the original creatures and features: Butterflies, Fireflies; Growing Amoeba; Magic Walls
• Extensive instructions and tips
• Post high scores to the Open-Feint leaderboards
• Chat with other players in Chillingo’s Boulder Dash room chat room using Open-Feint
• Now supports Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Japanese
Co-Published by First Star Software, Inc. and Chillingo, Ltd. Boulder Dash® is a registered trademark of First Star Software, Inc. Rockford™ and his likeness are trademarks of First Star Software, Inc. Copyright© 1984 – 2009 First Star Software, Inc. All Rights reserved.
May 16, 2009 Initial Release