148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: A BETTER BOX :: Read Our Full Review >>
Like its namesake, FileMaker's Bento for iPad attempts to fill in all of the information manager holes in Apple's iPhone OS. Can one app really handle that many tasks effectively?
What's NewProvides updates related to iOS 6 and iPhone 5.
App DescriptionIMPORTANT NOTICE: FileMaker will stop offering Bento Sept. 30, 2013. Learn more >www.filemaker.com/bento/en
Bento for iPhone is the leading personal database app for iPhone. Organize contacts, track projects, plan events, and manage lists – the fast and easy way! Use Bento for iPhone standalone or synchronize with Bento (Mac), sold separately at http://store.filemaker.com or the Mac App Store.
“How good is the iPhone version of Bento? I’d love to see it bundled with every iPhone sold.” - TUAW
"Bento for the iPhone and iPod touch is an amazing, versatile, and powerful application, making it possible for you to create databases and manage a variety of information, all from your mobile device." Awarded 4.5 Mice out of 5. - MacWorld
"Best App for Personal Databases" - Best iPhone Apps - O'Reilly
“I have everything that I need to run my practice in my pocket.” Bia Kunze, Mobile Dentist
“Bento for iPhone/iPod touch: one of my ‘must-have’ iPhone apps.” -iPod Observer
Use Bento for iPhone to organize contacts, track projects, plan events and manage lists – the fast and easy way! Bento for iPhone helps you do all this and more:
• Organize contacts and customers
• Track projects and task lists
• Plan events and meetings
• Manage lists and much more
• Comes with 25 ready-to-use database templates that can be easily customized for whatever you need to organize.
• Supports a variety of field types so you can store text, numbers, dates, times, durations, locations, pictures, sounds, video clips, voice memos, pop-up choices, check boxes, prices, rates, addresses, phone numbers, ratings, web sites, email addresses, instant messaging accounts, and more.
• Includes iTunes-style searching and instant sorting to help you find things fast.
• Integrates with other iPhone apps so you can simply tap on a Bento field to call a contact, view a web site, send an email or display a map.
• Use as a standalone app or synchronize with Bento 4 (Mac), sold separately at http://store.filemaker.com or the Mac App Store.
25 BUILT-IN TEMPLATES ORGANIZE ALL THIS AND MORE:
Classes, Contacts, Customers, Diet Log, Digital Media, Donations, Equipment, Events, Event Planning, Exercise Log, Expenses, Files, Home Inventory, Inventory, Issue Tracking, Items Sold, Membership List, Notes, Products, Projects, Recipes, Student List, To-do List, Time Billing, and Vehicle Maintenance.
• Synchronization with Bento 2.0.5 (Mac) or later desktop software requires a Wi-Fi wireless connection.
• Some field types require Bento 2.0.5 (Mac) or later desktop software.
• Events from iCal are not accessible in Bento for iPhone.
• Bento for iPhone may not support large databases created in Bento (Mac) due to mobile device memory limitations. Please see details at: http://www.filemaker.com/bikb.
• Bento for iPhone runs in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Dutch, Simplified Chinese and Japanese.
• Please note: New Bento 4 for iPad is also now available! Search on “Bento” to learn more.
If you have any questions, please post a message in the lively Bento forum for quick answers, tips, and tricks at: http://forums.filemaker.com
October 19, 2012 New version 1.2.2
June 20, 2012 New version 1.2.1
September 15, 2011 New version 1.1.5
May 14, 2011 New version 1.1.4
May 05, 2009 Initial Release