What's NewNew features include
1. Several User Interface updates
2. 2010 Spending data (data will get continuous updates)
3. Retina Display (for iPhone 4) and Fast app switching (iOS4 multi-tasking)
4. Several other features (e.g. Display Total annual spending for all departments in addition to individual dept spending, display percentage spending change from previous year etc.)
Other Notes: On Friday, May,21,2010, the federal government web-server started malfunctioning because of a software issue.
Over a period of several weeks, we worked with the Federal Government and the Federal govt contractors and tried to get the problems fixed. The app works now.
Apologies for not being able to get the government to fix the malfunction faster.
Please email us (from inside the app or) through http://CascadeSoft.net if you have more questions.
App DescriptionHave you ever wondered about how the government spends your tax dollars or have you looked for specific information on government spending. This application provides specific and detailed information for every dollar spent on US federal government contracts (from 2000 to 2010)
See TV news coverage of the app on http://www.king5.com/video/?nvid=357050 (Seattle's NBC affiliate)
This app requires internet connectivity. It queries (regularly updated) federal government servers and provides spending data based on several different query criteria outlined below
1. Detailed Spending data including spending numbers, trends, pie charts, line graphs, purchases, contractors.
2. Spending data for specific Departments (e.g. Defense Department, Education Department, NASA etc.)
3. Spending data by location (state).
4. Spending data for specific products (e.g. Submarines, Alcoholic beverages, Bombs, Outerwear Clothing, Firefighting equipment etc.)
5. Historical data (upto 2000) and current data (upto 2010) with continuous updates - a tool that will help the involved citizen who wants to hold government accountable for spending decisions and a tool that will help the casual user understand what the government is spending money on.
PLEASE READ: On Friday, May,21,2010, the federal government web-server started malfunctioning because of a software issue. So the app stopped working and just displayed an error message.
We escalated the problem and (over several weeks) worked with the Federal Government (Office Of Management and Budget) and the federal government contractors (who operate the web servers).
However, it took the government (and their contractors) several weeks to fix the problems. So the app either didn't work or only worked partially for several weeks
The app works great now. Apologies for not being able to get the government to fix the malfunction faster.
October 29, 2013 New version 2.0
April 27, 2009 Initial Release