What's NewPocket Informant Lite is based off the paid Pocket Informant version available here on iTunes. Many features are removed to make it the Lite version, for example Push Alarms, Tags, Filtering, Desktop Sync, and much more.
New in this version is a data migration feature which will allow you to migrate - with one tap - your Lite data and settings to the full version. Simply go to Settings->Advanced->Migrate.
- Updated Toodledo and Google sync engines
- More fields in the Tasks section
- Many bug fixes
- More Task Groupings
- Many new settings
We have had some confusion over the support of Push Alarms. The Lite version does not support Push Alarms. Only the Paid version has that feature.
App DescriptionThe paid version of Pocket Informant includes many features not included in this release such as customizable sync date ranges, landscape support, alarms, more flexibility with todos, and MUCH more! **iPad support in the paid version is forthcoming. We want to test on a real device before releasing it in the wild.
With over eight years of mobile calendaring experience, we have built simply the best personal information manager available on the iPhone.
- A calendar built the way an iPhone Calendar should be
- Today, Month, Day, Week, Agenda, and To-do views
- Swipe between Months, Days, and Weeks
- Easily jump to any date in Day and Month views
- Timebars to show your free/busy time at a glance
- Expanded detail view to see events and todos on any day
- Todos integrated in the Calendar Views
- Send Appointment Meeting Requests
- Getting-Things-Done (GTD) management of Todos
- Franklin Covey ABC/1-99 Prioritization of Todos
- Filters to quickly find active, due, overdue, and completed Todos
- Starring/Flagging Todos
- Supports up to 15 todos at one time
- Syncs with Google Calendar and Toodledo
- Calendar Data is separate from the built-in Calendar
- Syncs one calendar one week forward and backward with Google Calendar
- To sync with Outlook or iCal through Google Calendar please follow the Quick Start on our product page
- Lite version does not support any direct Synching to desktop applications
HOW DOES THIS DIFFER FROM OTHER TODO MANAGERS?
Proper todo management is essential, but its only part of the picture.
Pocket Informant is a full featured PIM, so it lets you focus on everything you do in a day - not just your todo list. We believe bringing your appointments and todos together in one place is more efficient than working in isolated calendar and todo management systems. Pocket Informant is designed to not force you into any one method of doing things - use our Todo View as rigidly or freely as you want, using GTD principles, Franklin Covey, or your own system.
WHY DO I NEED THIS WHEN I HAVE A CALENDAR?
We love our iPhones, but we saw some untapped potential for a full-featured PIM. Pocket Informant fills that gap. To start with, we made navigation very natural - simply swipe between the months, or tap the month name to jump to a new date. For those of us who have several events in a day, we built a time bar so you can see how your day is blocked off at a glance. When looking at a days activities, we show you your appointments AND todos together, and we give you nearly the entire screen to see them. We offer a convenient view to quickly see activities going on "today", and we built a great week view as well.
For years, these and numerous other features have made Pocket Informant a must-have application for school teachers, soccer moms, salesmen and executives alike.
If you are a user of Pocket Informant from another platform, be sure to note that while we have crafted the iPhone version from the same stock, it is a different application. Many of the most-requested features have been included and many more are coming. Of course, we spent time making sure to take advantage of the iPhone's unique capabilities in the process. A few of your favorite features may not have made it in these releases yet. Check our website to vote on your most desired features, and follow us on Twitter to provide feedback and see what we're up to all from our website.
GTD and Getting Things Done are registered trademarks of the David Allen Company. Pocket Informant and WebIS are not affiliated with or endorsed by the David Allen Company.
April 10, 2009 Initial Release