What's NewVersion 2.3 adds the following features:
- Automatic Backups! Your active user will be backed up inside Proloquo2Go automatically every 24 hours, and the latest automatic backup will be visible in iTunes File Sharing when you connect your device to your computer. Be prepared for the unexpected - always copy a recent backup to your computer just in case!
- Now compatible with the 4 inch displays on iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5th generation.
- Hold duration now applies to word prediction buttons, and toolbar buttons in Grid View and Typing View.
- Various other minor bug fixes.
- This version of Proloquo2Go does not support the 2nd generation iPod touch and iPhone 3G. All iPads and all more recent iPod touches and iPhones are supported. If you have an older iPod touch or iPhone, DO NOT download this update. Save your copy of Proloquo2Go 2.2.2 in a safe place in case you need to restore your device in the future. See www.assistiveware.com/support for instructions!
- This version of Proloquo2Go requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. You must update your device to at least iOS 5.1.1 to run Proloquo2Go 2.3.
App DescriptionProloquo2Go® is a full-featured augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) solution for people who have difficulty speaking. Proloquo2Go provides natural sounding Text to Speech voices (CURRENTLY ENGLISH ONLY), a high resolution library of over 14,000 symbols, powerful automatic conjugations, two researched-based vocabulary organizations, advanced word prediction, multiuser support, and the ability to fully customize vocabularies for users along a broad continuum of abilities, from beginning symbolic communication to full literacy.
** Proloquo2Go is the only app providing genuine American (Josh & Ella) and British (Harry & Rosie) children's voices. **
Having a vocabulary organization that is matched to the user’s communication skill level and promotes language development is crucial to successful AAC use. Creating a vocabulary organization from scratch can be extremely time consuming, and requires help from someone with knowledge of AAC vocabulary design. Proloquo2Go comes with two pre-programmed vocabulary organizations to choose from, Core Word and Basic Communication. These vocabularies are based on language development research, and have been carefully designed and reviewed by Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs) with extensive AAC experience. Both vocabularies are easily customizable to suit the personal needs and preferences of individual users.
Core Word allows for efficient access to the most frequently used words in English, along with a rich array of fringe vocabulary to allow for precise expression and vocabulary growth. Fringe vocabulary is organized using VocaPriority™, so frequently used words can be reached quickly, while less frequently used words remain accessible but don’t get in the way of finding the words you need most often. Core Word comes in six configurations from 9 to 64 buttons per page, and provides a balanced and flexible single-word vocabulary for saying whatever you want to say.
Basic Communication is designed for new communicators at the one and two word level, and comes in four configurations from 9 to 36 buttons per page, to promote developmental progression in communication skills.
Proloquo2Go is for anyone who cannot afford to spend thousands of dollars on a dedicated AAC device and yet wants a solution that is just as good if not better. SLPs, teachers, and parents recommend it for children and adults with autism, cerebral palsy, down syndrome, developmental disabilities, apraxia, ALS, stroke, or traumatic brain injury.
“A significant amount of time, care, and attention to the research accompanies the changes to Proloquo2Go. Creation of user page sets at different levels of communication development makes the app much more user friendly for the unsophisticated user/support person, as well as for more experienced AAC professionals. The ability to move seamlessly between grid sizes and levels of language complexity, improved ability to change individual button appearance and behavior, and improved button arrangement are all great answers to users’ requests. Users can open this app and begin to use it for effective communication immediately.” Susan Berkowitz, MS-SLP, AAC consultant
Proloquo2Go can be used on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad (without requiring the user to purchase it twice.) Proloquo2Go can be used to communicate without requiring a WiFi or 3G connection.
-- Educational institutions can get a 50% discount on Proloquo2Go if they purchase 20 or more licenses through Apple’s Volume Licensing Program for Education. --
INCLUDED VOICES: The current version includes North American English male, female, girl and boy voices. More American, British, Australian and Indian English voices can be download at no costs through WiFi by Proloquo2Go. Listen to the voices here http://www.assistiveware.com/product/proloquo2go/voices Support for other languages and voices is expected later in 2013.
Read more on assistiveware.com
May 23, 2013 New version 3.0.1
May 03, 2013 New version 3.0
January 31, 2013 New version 2.3
December 08, 2012 New version 2.2.2
December 03, 2012 New version 2.2.1
April 21, 2009 Initial Release