• Improved: The keyboards for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus have been enlarged to match the size of the standard iOS keyboards.
• Fixed two bugs for iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s users: One that caused the puzzle to jump when typing letters and one that wouldn't let the puzzle be zoomed out.
The best crossword in the world is better than ever! Enjoy the same puzzles printed in the daily newspaper on the only mobile crossword app built by The New York Times.
The New York Times Crossword is free to download, and all users get unlimited access to the daily puzzle and calendar archive for 7 days. After that, subscribe for full access to The Crossword on iOS and at NYTimes.com.
Your subscription now gives you access to The Crossword on NYTimes.com at no additional charge! Just connect or create an account in your account settings and Play Anywhere. Your iOS puzzle progress will be saved and available on the web and vice versa!
It’s the same puzzle that’s printed every day in The New York Times newspaper. All daily puzzles are available the previous day at 10p EST with a subscription, so enjoy Tuesday’s puzzle on Monday at 10p! Practice and learn how to solve the puzzle on Monday or Tuesday or challenge yourself with even harder puzzles later in the week.
Short, sweet and available without a subscription every day! Get a quick crossword fix when you don't have time for the whole thing.
Themed puzzles to download and add to your collection — the first puzzle in each pack is free to try, and new packs arrive every 8 weeks!
Subscribers also enjoy over 20 years of classic puzzles from our archives.
MODERN PUZZLE FEATURES
Solve puzzles that include new tricks like rebuses, highlighted or underlined squares, and more!
Subscriptions include a 12 month subscription at $39.99 per year and a monthly subscription at $6.99 per month, charged to your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of its term unless turned off at least 24 hours before expiration. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Feedback? Suggestions? Issues? Please contact us at [email protected] or from within the app itself. Your feedback is important to us and we’ll do our best to assist you.
Please note: subscription to The New York Times Crossword does not include access to any other New York Times products, including but not limited to NYTimes.com or mobile news content, e-reader additions, Times Premier, NYT Now, or other apps on non-iOS devices. No cancellations are allowed during active subscription period.
- March 18, 2015 New version 2.4.5
- March 04, 2015 New version 2.4.4
- January 29, 2015 New version 2.4.3
- December 12, 2014 New version 2.4.2
- December 01, 2014 New version 2.4.1
- November 25, 2014 New version 2.4.0
- September 16, 2014 New version 2.3.1
- August 21, 2014 New version 2.3.0
- August 05, 2014 New version 2.2.1
- July 15, 2014 New version 2.2.0
- June 19, 2014 New version 2.1.0
- May 30, 2014 New version 2.0.0
- April 10, 2014 New version 1.8.3
- March 21, 2014 New version 1.8.2
- December 19, 2013 New version 1.8
- November 22, 2013 New version 1.7.10
- October 16, 2013 New version 1.7.9
- July 19, 2013 New version 1.7.8
- May 26, 2013 New version 1.7.7
- February 26, 2013 New version 1.7.6
- February 08, 2013 New version 1.7.5
- December 28, 2012 New version 1.7.4
- December 22, 2012 New version 1.7.3
- November 22, 2012 New version 1.7.2
- October 16, 2012 New version 1.7.1
- June 09, 2012 New version 1.6.1
- April 11, 2012 New version 1.6.0
- November 22, 2011 New version 1.5.0
- October 20, 2011 New version 1.4.0
- October 05, 2011 New version 1.3.3
- September 07, 2011 New version 1.3.2
- August 30, 2011 New version 1.3.1
- July 31, 2011 New version 1.3.0