What's New- Trains can now be 'pinned' on the home screen, to allow users to easily refer between multiple progress views.
- Added warning for journeys that require multiple tickets
- Can add journeys to your calendar
- Can now delete recent search results
- Maps now open in Apple Maps on iOS 6
- Added newly opened stations: Conon Bridge and Stratford Parkway
As of version 1.8, UK Train Times now requires iOS 5 or later.
App DescriptionâThere are a few apps that aim to help you navigate public transport in the UK, but this one stands head and shoulders above the rest.â - iPod User magazine
âA train travellerâs godsend.â - PC Advisor Magazine
âOur favourite feature is Next train home that looks up your nearest station and checks the time of the next train you can catch to your home station.â - MacFormat magazine
UK Train Times provides real-time journey planning for journeys across the National Rail network and live departure information for all National Rail stations. This is a fully-licensed application powered by National Rail Enquiriesâ real-time data feeds.
- Powerful real-time journey planner for single or return journeys across the National Rail network, with departure platform information (where available).
- âNext Train Homeâ feature automatically finds your nearest station and plans your journey home.
- If youâre searching for trains today, youâll be told about any delays or cancellations to your chosen trains and given the option to find alternative journeys.
- Live departures and arrivals at all National Rail stations, with platform information (where available*) and live train progress.
- Add multiple stations to the appâs Home Screen for one-touch access to their live departures.Â Simply choose a station in âLive Departures & Arrivalsâ and hit the Add Favourite button to create a new favourite.
- Share journey information by SMS or email, or add it to your calendar.
- Automatically find your nearest stations or select one of your recently used stations, and then find directions via the iPhoneâs Maps application.
Please note that the Live Departure and Journey Planner features require an active mobile network connection when starting a new search, but recent Journey Planner search results are automatically saved for use when outside of mobile network coverage.
* Platform number information is not available for all stations in UK Train Times.Â To find out if a particular station will display platform numbers in the applicationâs âLive Departures & Arrivalsâ section, please view that station in the Live Departures and Arrivals section of the nationalrail.co.uk web site. If platform information is displayed on the web site, it will also be displayed in UK Train Times.
UK Train Times uses analytics to collect aggregate, non-personally-identifiable usage data. For more information, visit http://agant.com/analytics.
September 26, 2013 New version 1.9
May 15, 2013 New version 1.8
September 20, 2012 New version 1.7.4
April 17, 2012 New version 1.7.3
December 18, 2011 New version 1.7.2
December 13, 2011 New version 1.7.1
May 27, 2009 Initial Release