Build for iPhone OS 3.0
Displays basic aeronautical GPS information during your flights:
- heading (course)
You can enter a destination and then you will get
- destination course
- destination distance
(both are calculated for the shortest way on earth surface)
Switch display units between nautical miles, km and statute miles (knots, km/h, mph).
In our tests with professional equipment during flights the values for speed, heading, distance were quite accurate, while altitude was less accurate.
In order to get useful results you need to move constantly. Please give Aero GPS approx 30 seconds time to adjust before starting to read the values.
1. The iPhone location services use satellites AND cellular towers to determine location information, therefore Aero GPS is boosted by carrier availablility and does not work in "Airplane Mode".
2. Requires iPhone 3G and won´t work with the old iPhone.
3. Won't deliver useful results in buildings because requires a constantly moving iPhone under free sky.
Attention: Aero GPS is not professional equipment. Do NOT rely on the data displayed!
Keywords: private pilot, GPS, aircraft, airplane, navigation, glider, flight, course, heading, deviation
For those who want to store multiple destinations or waypoints we have developed our App "Positions", which is now available in the AppStore, too.
- November 06, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- November 10, 2012 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!