What's NewFixes serious bug that prevented full version for working for more than 10 minutes.
App DescriptionCheck out our new app: Mr Gallerino
AirPhones Patch for Lion: http://mrg.lv/vboHOV - Use replacement file in video description. Bluetooth can cause audio interruption, turn Bluetooth off if you have playback issues.
AirPhones sends the audio from your computer to your iPhone or iPad with virtually No Latency. Perfect for wireless, synched audio.
Please try AirPhones Lite before purchasing, to test functionality on your system.
AirPhones is not supported under 64Bit and OS X Lion. I am looking into this and hope to have updates before too long. It's been reported that holding 3+2 on restart in Lion will run in 32 bit and allow AirPhones to run, but I haven't been able to replicate this.
If you are a developer interested in volunteering efforts, please get in touch, I could definitely use your help. Thanks!
A note for PC use:
Great job on the app. Loving it so far (couple of hours) and will probably upgrade to paid!
However, it did take me a couple of tries before getting it working and I thought you might wanna add this info your included PDF or the FAQ or something.
Server: Windows XP
1) (figured this out pretty quickly but I didn't remember seeing it mentioned) Tell folks to make sure that they set their Sounds&Devices Default Device OUTPUT to: "Virtual Cable One" (or at least that's what mine called itself).
2) Make sure server is running BEFORE launching app. (another quick fix)
HERE WAS THE TRICKY ONE FOR ME:
3) I kept having very, VERY choppy sound and after glancing through the forum the only fix I saw, and was getting ready to implement, was rooting my router and installing DD-WRT firmware, and then start tweaking a bunch of settings that I had no idea what they were... THEN, on a whim I turned the Bluetooth on my iPad off and BINGO! Perfection! Now I hvae the iPad hooked to my good surround sound and am enjoying my XP media in beautiful sub-woofered surround sound!
AirPhones is the next-generation, solution to wireless headphones.
Now use your iPhone or iPod Touch to listen
to ANY audio from your computer, via WiFi.
An Apple featured app, 'New & Noteworthy'
Experience DVD's, desktop TV, web videos & radio, audio books, shared iTunes playlists and podcasts; from across the room, throughout the office or around the house.
For people with ears.
Featured on creativity-online.com Mobile Apps Honor Roll, WIRED, Gizmodo, Technorati, YouTube, Bwana.tv and countless iPhone app review sites.
Check out the Demo Video at our support site to see exactly how AirPhones works.
• AirPhones 2.5 device app.
• iOS 3.0+ software update.
• AirPhones Server & Instructions > www.airphonesapp.com
• Wi-Fi or AdHoc Network
• Mac Intel 10.4+ 32 Bit
• Windows XP or Vista (32 Bit Only) , please try AirPhones 2.5 Lite for functionality testing prior to making your purchase.
Windows users need to connect AirPhones prior to launching your desired app.
Full user support documentation is available on our support forum.
Please sign up for our announcement email for server updates and future app notices.
January 17, 2013 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
October 31, 2012 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
February 18, 2009 Initial Release