This minor update makes Loopy use the iPhone's front mic for audio input when no headphones are used, which produces better sound isolation from playing audio. It also addresses a few minor bugs.
As seen on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon -- Create music with Loopy by layering looped recordings of singing, beatboxing, or playing an instrument with a savvy, sophisticated, tactile new looper that totally reinvents the formula.
See also Loopy HD for iPad!
-- “This is the best loop station on the iPhone” -- Dub FX (dubfx.com)
-- “I pretty much own every mobile looper out there and Loopy is HANDS DOWN the best. Super simple interface with powerful features.” -- J. Alan Meier
-- “If you want a recording app that will get out of the way and just let you be creative, you just found it.” -- Dave Merson-Hess, indie film composer
-- “Loopy 2 is by far the best looper for the iPhone we’ve seen to date” -- iOS Recording
Now compatible with Ableton Link, a new technology that synchronises beat, phase and tempo between Ableton Live and compatible apps over WiFi, or between apps on the same device. http://ableton.com/link
Compatible with the Audiobus app: Now you can receive live audio directly from other Audiobus-compatible apps!
While other music creation apps tend to be either powerful but difficult to learn, or easy to use but limited in features, Loopy doesn't compromise. Loopy offers a sleek, expressive, instantly understandable interface that beginners can start using effectively straight away. It's fun, right from the start.
More advanced users, however, will not be disappointed by Loopy's rich feature set, with extra features many other loopers just don't have. Plus, a sophisticated interactive tutorial system lets users discover Loopy's more advanced features at their own pace.
RECORD AND LAYER
- Up to twelve beautifully rendered circular loops, with simple yet powerful controls.
- Count-in, count-out and record chaining lets you keep your hands free to play an instrument.
- MIDI control, to control Loopy via foot pedal or other controller.
- Overdub, to build beautiful, complex soundscapes from many layers.
- Support for tracks of any multiple or fraction of a beat, for flexible and expressive looping.
- Sophisticated audio or visual metronome to keep you in time - no matter what time signature you choose.
- Perfectly synchronized, low latency audio engine.
IMPORT AND CONSTRUCT
- Import loops from your computer via iTunes, with support for AIFF, WAV, MP3, M4A, CAF and more.
- Bring in audio from many other audio apps with integrated MAPI AudioPaste, with support for Intua general pasteboard format.
- Imported loops are automatically fit to your beat, no matter what tempo.
MANIPULATE AND TWEAK
- Full stereo audio, with pan controls for each track to create custom stereoscapes.
- Fix up timing by twisting tracks around to line up the beat, or make funky sound effects with dynamic time shifting.
- Drag a track onto another track to merge tracks, and clear up a space.
- Live, dynamic tempo adjustment to speed up or slow down your creations, without altering the pitch.
- MIDI clock sync, to play in time with other MIDI-capable devices or apps.
PERFORM AND SHARE
- Record whole performances with in-app session recording facilities.
- Upload performances or single loops straight to SoundCloud, and post to Twitter or Facebook.
- Email audio clips (with automatic conversion to compressed AAC audio).
- Share audio with many other audio apps with MAPI AudioCopy.
- Transfer loops or performances to your computer via iTunes.
Note: Loopy is a demanding application that requires an iPhone 3Gs and newer, or iPod Touch 3rd generation (with headset recommended) or newer to run well. Older devices are not recommended for use with Loopy.
Loopy is developed by one guy who loves making great apps, and who is dedicated to responsive development and support. Please contact me with questions, bug reports, feature ideas, and other feedback at [email protected] or http://forum.loopyapp.com. I may be able to fix your issue in less time than it would take to write a negative review!
- June 16, 2011 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- June 16, 2011 New version 2.0
- June 16, 2010 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- January 08, 2009 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- December 23, 2008 New version 1.1
- June 24, 2011 New version 2.0
- July 19, 2011 New version 2.0.1
- July 23, 2011 New version 2.0.2
- August 08, 2011 Price increase: $2.99 -> $5.99
- August 15, 2011 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $2.99
- October 06, 2011 New version 2.1
- October 27, 2011 New version 2.1.1
- December 05, 2011 New version 2.2
- December 11, 2011 New version 2.2.1
- December 22, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- January 02, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- July 29, 2012 New version 2.3
- August 24, 2012 New version 2.3.1
- October 03, 2012 New version 2.4
- December 07, 2012 New version 2.4.1
- February 04, 2013 New version 2.4.2
- April 01, 2013 New version 2.5
- May 12, 2013 New version 2.5.1
- May 17, 2013 New version 2.5.2
- May 31, 2013 New version 2.5.3
- June 10, 2013 New version 2.5.4
- September 16, 2013 New version 2.5.5
- September 29, 2013 New version 2.5.6
- October 14, 2013 New version 2.5.7
- July 02, 2014 New version 2.5.8
- July 09, 2014 New version 2.5.9
- July 30, 2014 New version 2.5.10
- April 13, 2015 New version 2.5.11
- May 07, 2015 New version 2.5.12
- June 02, 2015 New version 2.5.13
- July 14, 2015 New version 2.5.14
- August 04, 2015 New version 2.5.15
- August 25, 2015 New version 2.5.16
- August 29, 2015 New version 2.5.17
- September 12, 2015 New version 2.5.18
- September 19, 2015 New version 2.5.19
- October 11, 2015 New version 2.5.20
- December 19, 2015 New version 2.6
- December 22, 2015 New version 2.6.1
- February 13, 2016 New version 2.6.2
- March 08, 2016 New version 2.6.3
- June 20, 2016 New version 2.7.1
- August 09, 2016 New version 2.7.2