What's New- Fix for iOS 5 compatibility
- Fixed some timing issues when Loopy is synced to a MIDI clock
- Tweaked behaviour of punch-out when "Count-In" is disabled
- Fixed rotation for iPhones running iOS 6
Changes for 2.5.1:
- Loopy is now fully accessible using VoiceOver
- Added "Toggle Reverse" MIDI Action
- Revised behaviour of "Toggle record, then record next track", "Toggle record, mute, then record next track" and "Mute and unmute next muted track" controller functions
- Auto-select tracks when recording while using MIDI/Bluetooth controllers
- Added "Simultaneous Recording" setting
- Re-record action now cancels in-progress recordings
- Accuracy improvements in MIDI sync
- Reduced loop boundary crossfade duration
- Assorted bug fixes
App DescriptionâśŞ Loopy HD is 2nd Place Winner for Best Musicians App in Best App Ever 2011! âśŞ âž¤ Create music by layering looped recordings of singing, beatboxing, or playing an instrument with a savvy, sophisticated, tactile new looper that totally reinvents the formula.
Introducing Audiobus support: Now you can receive live audio directly from other Audiobus-compatible apps!
See also Loopy HD for iPad!
-- â€śThis is the best loop station on the iPhoneâ€ť -- Dub FX (dubfx.net)
-- â€śI pretty much own every mobile looper out there and Loopy is HANDS DOWN the best. Super simple interface with powerful features.â€ť -- J. Alan Meier
â€śIf you want a recording app that will get out of the way and just let you be creative, you just found it.â€ť -- Dave Merson-Hess, indie film composer
â€śLoopy 2 is by far the best looper for the iPhone weâ€™ve seen to dateâ€ť -- iOS Recording
While other music creation apps tend to be either powerful but difficult to learn, or easy to use but limited in features, Loopy doesn't compromise. Loopy offers a sleek, expressive, instantly understandable interface that beginners can start using effectively straight away. It's fun, right from the start.
More advanced users, however, will not be disappointed by Loopy's rich feature set, with extra features many other loopers just don't have. Plus, a sophisticated interactive tutorial system lets users discover Loopy's more advanced features at their own pace.
RECORD AND LAYER
- Up to twelve beautifully rendered circular loops, with simple yet powerful controls.
- Count-in, count-out and record chaining lets you keep your hands free to play an instrument.
- MIDI control, to control Loopy via foot pedal or other controller.
- Overdub, to build beautiful, complex soundscapes from many layers.
- Support for tracks of any multiple or fraction of a beat, for flexible and expressive looping.
- Sophisticated audio or visual metronome to keep you in time - no matter what time signature you choose.
- Perfectly synchronized, low latency audio engine.
IMPORT AND CONSTRUCT
- Import loops from your computer via iTunes, with support for AIFF, WAV, MP3, M4A, CAF and more.
- Bring in audio from many other audio apps with integrated MAPI AudioPaste, with support for Intua general pasteboard format.
- Imported loops are automatically fit to your beat, no matter what tempo.
MANIPULATE AND TWEAK
- Full stereo audio, with pan controls for each track to create custom stereoscapes.
- Fix up timing by twisting tracks around to line up the beat, or make funky sound effects with dynamic time shifting.
- Drag a track onto another track to merge tracks, and clear up a space.
- Live, dynamic tempo adjustment to speed up or slow down your creations, without altering the pitch.
- MIDI clock sync, to play in time with other MIDI-capable devices or apps.
PERFORM AND SHARE
- Record whole performances with in-app session recording facilities.
- Upload performances or single loops straight to SoundCloud, and post to Twitter or Facebook.
- Email audio clips (with automatic conversion to compressed AAC audio).
- Share audio with many other audio apps with MAPI AudioCopy.
- Transfer loops or performances to your computer via iTunes.
Note: Loopy is a demanding application that requires an iPhone 3Gs and newer, or iPod Touch 3rd generation (with headset recommended) or newer to run well. Older devices are not recommended for use with Loopy.
Loopy is developed by one guy who loves making great apps, and who is dedicated to responsive development and support. Please contact me with questions, bug reports, feature ideas, and other feedback at email@example.com or http://forum.loopyapp.com. I may be able to fix your issue in less time than it would take to write a negative review!
June 10, 2013 New version 2.5.4
June 01, 2013 New version 2.5.3
May 18, 2013 New version 2.5.2
May 14, 2013 New version 2.5.1
April 02, 2013 New version 2.5
February 04, 2013 New version 2.4.2
December 18, 2008 Initial Release