What's NewBug Fixes
App Description***** Whilst the US government is in shutdown, access to the latest APOD is severely limited and APODViewer will not work. Once the feed is re-enabled APODViewer will pick up where it left off. Sorry for any inconvenience but it is out of our hands *****
"…for astronomy enthusiasts and layman alike..for anyone interested in some daily encouragement brought by the beauty of the heavens, download this now!" - US App Store Review
APODViewerLite the free version of APODViewer, provides an iPhone/iPOD Touch friendly interface to NASA’s Astronomy Picture of the Day Website.
Each day NASA's APOD presents an astronomical image (also animations & movies) along with a description of the "picture" written by a professional astronomer. These images range from pictures of The Planets, Galaxies, Nebula to astronomical phenomena here on Earth.
If you are an astronomy student, an enthusiast or just want to view beautiful images and discover and learn about the mysteries of the solar system and universe around you, then APODViewer is for you. Never has astronomy been so easy and fun.
Don't forget to rate 5 stars. Ratings help us to provide new functionality and updates. Rate it now.
Feature rich with unique functionality compared to other apps, in addition to showing the current day’s APOD image, APODViewerLite provides:
*********** Highlights Include ***********
• Display details of APOD image by cliking the image on the main view. In this mode double touch (or pinch) to zoom and scroll the image to reveal its detail.
• Read a detailed explanation of the image including clickable links to other web pages, all from within APODViewer
• Display APOD Movies and animations directly from within the app - (unique functionality)
• Select an APOD by date from over 5000 published since 1995
• Random APOD - just give your iPhone/Touch a quick shake to display a new random APOD
• SAVE APOD image to your devices Photos app (where you can use it as Wallpaper or sync back to your machine).
• Portrait and landscape mode
• AD Supported (APODViewer provides an ad free version)
Want even more? Then check out APODViewer which provides the following additional functionality:
• Ad free
• Off line viewing of your favourite APODs (no network required)
• Save the APOD as a PDF document to read later in an app like iBooks (or other app that can read PDFs)
• Email an APOD to a friend - includes image and explanation text
• Search for specific APODs from the over 5000 available i.e "Mars" Saturn", "ISS", etc.
• Save and store your Favourite APODs to your Favourites List
• Save the "large" highest resolution APOD images to your Photos app
NB If video does not load, it may be a restriction defined in the video itself. In these rare instances, we recommend using the Action button (bottom left), choosing "Show Original Website" and playing the video from there.
APODViewerLite is brought to you in association with http://observatorio.info, the official Spanish translators of NASA's Astronomy Picture of the Day. Spanish translation copyright http://observatorio.info
APODViewerLite requires an internet connection (GPRS or 3G recommended as the images can be large)
Permissions & Copyrights:
Explanation text written by Robert Nemiroff and Jerry Bonnell
All the images displayed on the APODViewer are credited to the owner or institution where they originated. Some of the images are copyrighted and to use these pictures publicly or commercially you must write to the owners for permission.
Help & Support:
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
October 08, 2011 New version v3.0.6
June 08, 2011 New version 3.0.5
May 26, 2011 New version 3.0.4
May 03, 2011 New version 3.0.3
April 19, 2011 New version 3.0.2
January 22, 2009 Initial Release