What's New- 4.0 Compatibility (Multitasking)
- OpenFeint 2.4.10
App DescriptionDescription in a capsule - "Tilt to move, shake to blast, shoot to kill - 2079"
8/10 SILVER AWARD - "Simple and refined, 2079 is the ideal portable top-down shooter." - PocketGamer.co.uk
4.5/5 - "Good graphics, innovative and great controls make this a fun game..." - 148apps.com
4/5 stars - "The controls are fantastic." - iPhone Games Network
"Besides the nicely polished retro feel to the game, it succeeds in the implementation of a very iPhone-centric control system." - toucharcade.com
4/5 stars - "I’ve found myself sneaking in a game of 2079 in spare moments because since downloading it and playing it just once, I love it." - gotapps.com
"Other developers could learn a lot from this game’s smart approaches to controls." - iLounge
How long can you survive? This is a perfect game for you if you like the adrenaline of raking up points while staying alive in this addictive game.
- Addictive survival mode with ramping difficulty
- Play your own MP3 in game!
- Intuitive controls customized for the iPhone
- Beautiful graphics and sound effects
- Background auto-calibration!
- Online leaderboard for bragging rights!
- OpenFeint enabled
- Fluid accelerometer controls will allow you to fly through the tightest threats
- Shake the iPhone in the last minute to launch a devastating blast that can save your life!
- A virtual controller specifically designed to allow you to control shooting direction independent of ship movement, thereby avoiding the pitfalls of having your fingers obscure the screen
- Powerups for extra lives help you move up the scoring rank and more!
Feedback and feature requests are always welcome.
KEYWORDS: 2D, 3D, action, addictive, arcade, awesome, bargain, best, blast, combat, control, classic, cube, easter egg, fast, fly, fun, gameplay, geometry wars, hardcore, innovative, intuitive, retro, score, shake, ship, shooter, smooth, space, tilt, thrust, top
July 04, 2011 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
May 20, 2011 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
November 21, 2008 Initial Release