What's New- Can play against any other version of tChess (Lite, Pro, etc.) via Game Center
- Ability to send messages to Game Center opponents
- Added the back and forward toolbar buttons during Game Center games
- Improvements to the engine; now much better at finding optimal checkmates
App DescriptionNote: tChess is a "universal binary" and is designed for the iPhone AND iPad, so you don't have to buy two different apps.
tChess has support for all of Apple's technologies and devices: Game Center to play real-time or turn-based games online with your friends and family, dual-core chips, Retina displays, and the iPhone 5's 4" display.
tChess Lite is the popular chess game designed just for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. tChess is like a virtual chess board on your device. It's fun and easy to use--perfect for the casual player!
This game features a very clean UI design and beautiful graphics. tChess is a fast and stable program. Pick up a game in your free time... and there's no problem listening to your music while you play.
(tChess Lite is a fully-functional version of tChess for casual chess players. If you're an active player and want enthusiast-level features, take a look at tChess Pro, which is over 1000 ELO stronger and has received rave reviews from Grandmaster Susan Polgar, PE's Chess Cast, and iPhone app critics.)
tChess Lite Features:
- Perfect for 1- or 2-player games (on the same device, no network connection required)
- Tap-tap to move pieces
- Highlights legal moves
- View full game history in the Move List
- Go back or forward move by move and replay completed games
- Built-in chess clock
- "Get hint" feature to improve your game
- Easy to undo moves
- Saves your game automatically if you exit the program or take a call
- Play against any ELO rating from 500 to 1200
- Computer opponent is the most fun and realistic for beginners and casual players
- Use the Profile feature to play rated games and track your progress
- Over 15,000 openings for fresh, varied games
tChess Lite is developed by Tom Kerrigan, author of the TSCP and Stobor chess engines.
January 29, 2014 New version 1.8.2
September 27, 2013 New version 1.8.1
September 26, 2013 New version 1.8.0
August 20, 2013 New version 1.7.5
February 20, 2013 New version 1.7.4
September 28, 2012 New version 1.7.3
November 14, 2008 Initial Release