- New “Toolbar buttons” feature allows you to customize the main toolbar
- New (optional) Game Center toolbar button allows you to quickly access the list of turn-based Game Center games
- Fixed a bug that was causing Profile information to be deleted in some cases
- Fixed a bug that was causing tChess to crash in some cases when submitting Game Center moves
- Compatible with PGN files that don’t have spaces between move numbers and moves
- Time controls now carry over to new games
- Shortcut in the Annotation menu allows you to enter a new annotation with one tap
Note: tChess is a "universal binary" and is designed for the iPhone AND iPad, so you don't have to buy two different apps.
tChess has support for all of Apple's technologies and devices: Game Center to play real-time or turn-based games online with your friends and family, iCloud, AirPrint, dual-core chips, Retina displays, and the iPhone 5's 4" display.
tChess Pro is the high-quality, critically acclaimed chess game with the richest features for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. It's perfect for every player:
Not everybody is a chess master! Most chess games are too strong or just make random mistakes at easier levels. tChess Pro has unique algorithms to simulate human opponents.
tChess Pro has a top-tier chess engine. (Over 380 ELO points stronger than Caissa Chess.)
tChess Pro's Analysis Mode is like having a chess master in your pocket. You can get the engine's "expert opinion" about any game or position in real-time: which side is winning, and the best sequence of moves. Just like a professional desktop chess package.
More key features:
- Perfect for 1- or 2-player games
- Strong computer opponent
- Play against any ELO rating from 500 to 2500
- Integrated "Learn Chess" e-book app (Apple Staff Favorite!)
- Opening Library feature lets you explore chess opening theory as you play
- PGN Database feature lets you download and view PGN files
- Support for 3-stage time controls with Fischer increments
- Position Editor to enter positions from books, newspapers, etc.
- Save and load games; export them in standard PGN format
- Use the Profile feature to play rated games against the computer and track your progress
tChess Pro is developed by Tom Kerrigan, author of the TSCP and Stobor chess engines.
- December 04, 2013 New version 1.8.2
- September 27, 2013 New version 1.8.1
- September 20, 2013 New version 1.8.0
- June 28, 2013 New version 1.7.5
- February 20, 2013 New version 1.7.4
- September 28, 2012 New version 1.7.3
- March 28, 2012 New version 1.7.2
- November 04, 2011 New version 1.7.1
- October 08, 2011 New version 1.7.0