Now works with airplay mirroring, so you can put Spectrogram up on the big screen!
Also, updates for iPhone 5 and small bug fixes.
Explore the visual beauty of sound on your iPhone or iPad with Spectrogram. This real-time audio analyzer captures sound from the iPhone's built in mic or external mic and displays the frequency components as a smoothly scrolling image.
- Adjustable sensitivity.
- Multiple colormaps.
- Analyze frequencies up to 20kHz
- 256 to 2048 FFT window size.
- Logarithmic or Linear frequency axis.
- Frequency scale can be toggled on/off.
- Discover images hidden in music.
While this application is reliable for many professional tasks, you'll find yourself having fun creating all sorts of noises just to see how they look.
This type of display is also sometimes called a spectral waterfall, sonogram, or spectrograph.
NOTE: When using the iPod touch (2nd generation), you will need to attach a microphone, such as the Apple Earphones with Mic.
- June 25, 2011 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- October 25, 2011 New version 1.6
- April 15, 2012 New version 2.0
- March 15, 2013 New version 2.1