- iOS6 support
- iPhone 5 support
- stability improvements and bug fixes
ABContacts: the powerful contacts manager. Groups, Smart Groups, T9 dialer, favorites. With call router to easily use more than one app to make calls. With Group Text and Group Email. Start calls with the regular Phone app or with Google Voice (needs supported app) or Skype (needs Skype app) or other supported apps. MacWorld.com 4/5. 148Apps.com 4.5/5. AppCraver.com 9/10.
User's guide available on the web site www.redbits.com. Please read the guide, most negative reviews are from people that have not read the user's guide. If in doubt, send an email to support ! We reply to every request.
The app has five 'modes' :
- Smart Groups
- Recent Calls
SEARCH AND LISTING FEATURES :
- The search bar will search notes, first and last name, company, job titles, departments, phone numbers, emails (configurable on the settings and can work on words or full search);
- Show contact pictures (can be turned off);
- Company view shows contacts grouped by company;
- Shows company, job title and department on the contact list;
- Optionally show company in big font and contact in small font;
- Contact filtering to show a reduced set of contacts; can filter by company, city, state, country and part of notes;
- Shows upcoming birthdays and events;
- Shows unfiled contacts;
- Dialer to search for contacts with a fast T9 keyboard;
- Favorites photo listing;
- Speed dial of the first nine favorites;
CONTACTS AND GROUPS FEATURES:
- Smart groups based on rules; There are five different types of rules and they work on first name, last name, company, notes, job title, department, city, state, country, birthday and events fields, emails and phones. Rules can be combined to create very powerful filters !
- Native and Private groups;
- Add new contact in one fast screen;
- Quick action to email to groups of contacts (using TO or BCC);
- Quick action to send a text to groups of contacts;
- Quick actions to make call, send email and send SMS to a contact faster;
- Display contact's addresses in maps
- Send contact information to others by email (text and/or vcard);
- Print contact information (requires AirPrint compatible printer);
- Create, rename and delete group of contacts;
- Edit contact group membership on one screen;
- Create, edit and remove contacts with the same user interface as the contacts built-in app (remove button is in a different place);
- Mail and SMS are sent using the configured applications, which can can be the built-in ones or others;
- A lot of customizable options in the settings.
INTEGRATION WITH OTHER APPS
- if the basic group texting and emailing features are not enough, the app can integrate with our other Group Text! and Group Email! apps to send texts with contact information and location address and map links and to send emails with various kinds of attachments.
- the app can make calls with various apps (Apple Phone, Skype, Google Voice GVConnect / GVMobile and others). The app to use can be configured with number labels.
- To open the 'mode' selector tap on the title bar.
- Apps can't create or manage native groups on Exchange. Private Groups and Smart groups will work.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR iOS6 USERS:
For group texting to work on iPhone with iOS6 you have to turn OFF Group Messaging (if available) into the device Settings app. Please contact us for more details or take a look at the support page on the web site.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR iOS5 USERS:
For group texting to work on iPhone with iOS5 you have to turn OFF iMessage, MMS and Group Messaging (if available) into the device Settings app. Please contact us for more details or take a look at the support page on the web site.
- July 02, 2011 New version 1.9.6
- August 02, 2011 New version 1.9.8
- September 20, 2012 New version 1.9.9
- November 27, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- November 28, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- December 28, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- December 29, 2012 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99