What's New- Music now keeps playing when the app is in the background on devices that support it
- File transfer system changed to utilize iTunes' native File Sharing feature
App DescriptionMimicking a turntable, VirtualDeck is designed as an aid for DJ s. It lets you fast-forward, fast-rewind, beat mix, scratch and tune an audio sample just as you would DJ on a real turntable-- all by a touch on the screen. In some ways, it can do what no ordinary turntable can do, namely play digital samples. Weʼre sure you at some time wished you could play your own music without having to shell out for a dub plate, or quickly cut some samples into a loop and use that to intensify or sratch on top of your set. In that case, VirtualDeck is for you.
Also, it features a mode that is more like what a CD DJ would expect.
The facts, don't be fooled by other app descriptions:
- VirtualDeck was the 3rd app in the iTunes store marketed for DJs (the other two being Mixmeister Scratch and Diddy DJ)
- VirtualDeck was the first and is the only with Ogg/Vorbis support
- VirtualDeck was the first with MP3 and AAC support
- VirtualDeck was the second true DJ app on the store, beaten only by Diddy DJ by a about a week
- zero latency doesn't exist on computers
- most AIFF
- most WAV
- unprotected MP3s
- unprotected AACs (every iTunes Plus song is unprotected AAC)
- iTunes to upload music to VirtualDeck's Library
Keywords: DJ, DJing, beatmix, beat mix, scratch, scratching, beatmatch
March 12, 2014 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
July 14, 2013 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
December 01, 2011 New version 2.1.3
August 25, 2008 Initial Release