• Fixed an issue where Tilebot paused too long after reshuffling on very high levels. (Honestly, I missed this one because some of you appear to be much better at playing Moonlight Mahjong than I am. Sorry.)
• This should (I hope) be the last bug fix update for a while. Thank you for the positive reviews; they are much appreciated. Since the reviews essentially disappear with each app update, it’s always helpful if you can update yours.
In Version 3.2:
• When you lose a game in Scramble mode, you now go back only one level instead of three. (Please note: Re-playing the same level is not something that is going to happen. There needs to be some level of challenge to the game; otherwise it stops being a game. However, there is always Relaxation Mode.)
• Achievements and Leaderboards are now shared between the Lite and full versions; so you can keep your high scores if you upgrade, or compare your scores to friends on either version.
• Matches are now highlighted when you lose.
• Support for full resolution on iPad Pro.
• There is now a time penalty for taking screenshots; this is because the introduction of iPad multitasking made it a little too easy to cheat. On the other hand, there is no longer a time penalty for leaving the app.
• Minor bug fixes and enhancements.
Moonlight Mahjong is Mahjong Solitaire in virtual reality 3D, designed specifically for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Intuitive touch control allows you to tilt and turn, zoom in and out to match tiles in 3D. Play “arcade style” with progressively difficult levels and high scores, or relax with one of the non-competitive game modes. The gameplay is simple yet addictive.
Moonlight Mahjong features four main types of play:
• Scramble Mode: Match tiles faster than the automated opponent "Tilebot" through increasingly difficult levels. The board is automatically reshuffled when you run out of matches, making this game mode easy to start and fun, yet challenging on the higher levels.
• Challenge Mode: Compete against Tilebot in full puzzle mode, with no automatic reshuffling, only undo. Challenge requires more strategy than Scramble. This is the ‘pure’ form of the game, but it is difficult!
• Puzzle Mode: Solve puzzle boards with no time limit. Choose any layouts you like. This is the original game mode, what people usually think of as Mahjong Solitaire.
• Relaxation Mode: Clear boards with no time limit and automatic reshuffling when out of matches. Perfect for when you're just not in the mood to strategize or rush.
Feel free to download the free Lite version with ads, or purchase the paid version without ads. They are the same game; the paid version has a few additional features.
Moonlight Mahjong is the original 3D Mahjong Solitaire on iOS, having debuted with the launch of the App Store in 2008. It has been honored as a "Best Board Game" on the App Store, and was in the original Best 100 Apps and Games on iLounge.com.
For layout updates and news, "like" Moonlight Mahjong on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MoonlightMahjong
- June 01, 2011 New version 2.1.5
- March 23, 2011 New version 2.1.4
- February 22, 2011 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- February 21, 2011 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- January 20, 2011 New version 2.1.3
- December 14, 2010 New version 2.1.2
- November 30, 2010 New version 2.1.1
- November 17, 2010 New version 2.1
- September 20, 2010 New version 2.0.2
- July 30, 2010 New version 2.0.2
- April 30, 2010 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- April 27, 2010 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- April 07, 2010 New version 2.0.1
- April 02, 2010 New version 2.0
- December 14, 2009 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- December 13, 2009 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- December 12, 2009 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- December 10, 2009 New version 1.4
- November 11, 2009 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- October 29, 2009 New version 1.3.1
- July 03, 2009 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $3.99
- April 17, 2009 New version 1.3
- December 16, 2008 New version 1.2.1
- December 04, 2008 New version 1.2
- October 02, 2008 New version 1.1.1
- September 02, 2008 New version 1.1
- June 25, 2011 New version 2.1.5
- October 13, 2011 New version 2.2
- October 24, 2011 New version 2.2.1
- November 13, 2011 New version 2.2.2
- March 26, 2012 New version 2.3
- September 21, 2012 New version 2.3.1
- September 18, 2013 New version 3.0
- September 24, 2013 New version 3.0.1
- September 19, 2014 New version 3.1
- October 02, 2014 New version 3.1.1
- October 25, 2015 New version 3.1.3
- February 14, 2016 New version 3.2.1
- March 01, 2016 New version 3.2.2