What's NewOmniFocus 1.15.1 — September 28, 2012
OmniFocus for iPhone 1.15.1 is a minor update which includes updated localizations, and fixes a handful of bugs.
OmniFocus for iPhone requires iOS 5.1 or later.
• Corrected a localization regression which caused the English names of the built-in perspectives to be displayed incorrectly.
• Updated German, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Russian, and Chinese localizations.
• OmniFocus no longer captures completed reminders when Reminders Capture is enabled.
• Corrected a layout problem on the Title & Note edit screen when running on iPhone 5.
• Fixed a rare crash that could occur when switching between days in Forecast mode with the event timeline enabled.
OmniFocus 1.15 — September 13, 2012
OmniFocus for iPhone 1.15 includes support for iPhone 5 and iOS 6, adds TextExpander touch support, a Russian localization, and various other improvements and bug fixes.
TextExpander touch Support
• OmniFocus now includes support for TextExpander touch. TextExpander snippets will be expanded in most text fields, in notes, and in search.
Maps & Location
• Location Reminders in OmniFocus exclusively uses geofencing whenever possible. (In the uncommon case where you've exceeded the device's maximum number of monitored regions, OmniFocus will fall back to using significant location changes as a supplemental mechanism.)
• Fixed a bug where requesting directions to a context's location in Maps mode didn't correctly open the directions in the Maps app on iOS 6.
• This release restores business search.
Privacy on iOS 6
• OmniFocus requires permission to access your Reminders to use the Reminders Capture feature.
• OmniFocus requires permission to access your Calendar to use the Calendar Events feature of Forecast mode.
• OmniFocus requires permission to access your Contacts in order to assign a contact address as a Context's location.
• OmniFocus for iPhone now includes a Russian localization.
• On iOS 6 OmniFocus uses a more robust and flexible method for capturing Reminders.
• Reminders captured on iOS 5.1 no longer have “Event reminder” as their default note.
• Improved the appearance of completed action titles in the Action inspector.
• Improved match highlighting in the Context and Project picker on iOS 6.
• The Calendar Alarms setup screen now includes instructions for enabling SSL on your calendar subscription. (iOS does not include a mechanism for OmniFocus to enable this automatically.)
• In Forecast mode the due time is shown for items not in Past or Future.
• Fixed a drawing glitch triggered by completing the last item in Forecast mode on iOS 6.
• Fixed an edge case where sync which removed a due date may have left the due notification scheduled.
• Fixed a bug where the Search screen was sometimes incorrectly laid out after interacting with the on screen keyboard.
• Omni Sync Server usernames are always lowercase. Sync Setup enforces this now to eliminate the possibility of entering an unusable value.
• The selection style of Forecast's past section draws overdue only when you have overdue actions in the past.
App DescriptionOmniFocus for iPhone brings task management to your fingertips. Keep track of tasks by project, place, person, or date. With OmniFocus for iPhone, you'll always have your important information at hand, whether it's a shopping list, agenda items to discuss at work, things to do at home—whatever you need.
Since winning the Apple Design Award for best Productivity App at the launch of the iPhone App Store, OmniFocus hasn't rested on its laurels: we've continuously improved the app over the years with over 40 free updates, most recently adding a Forecast view and support for capturing tasks from Siri.
"OmniFocus for the iPhone is one of the best examples of a great iPhone app that I've seen. The interface is simple, intuitive, and it just lets you get your stuff done." — iPhone Alley Editors Choice Award 2009, ★★★★★
"Finding the right application to manage your tasks is great, and it's even better when there's a companion app for your iPhone or iPod touch. OmniFocus for the iPhone is a perfect example: It fits well with its Desktop brother, includes the features you need to organize your tasks, builds task lists based on your current location, captures voice notes and pictures, and synchronizes with your Mac via MobileMe or WebDAV servers. " — Mac Observer Editors Choice Award 2009
Use OmniFocus for iPhone on its own, or sync through the cloud with your other devices running OmniFocus (also available for iPad and Mac).
- Organize tasks by goals using projects, then work towards those goals more efficiently by grouping tasks using contexts.
- Synchronize your tasks with other copies of OmniFocus using Omni's free Sync Server or other WebDAV servers.
- Create a new task quickly anywhere in the app, or by sending tasks from other apps such as Safari and Twittelator.
- Plan your day's errands by listing nearby contexts or viewing them on a map.
- Receive notifications when a task becomes due, or when you happen to be near a context with available tasks.
- Tell Siri what's on your mind, and it can go straight to your OmniFocus inbox.
- Break large tasks up into more manageable steps you can complete and track individually.
- Attach pictures and audio to your task notes, and synchronize them with other copies of OmniFocus.
- Contact our Ninjas for free customer support via email or phone to keep your trusted system running smoothly.
For more information, please watch the video on our website, or try OmniFocus on an iPhone at an Apple Store near you!
If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free support: you can reach us by email at email@example.com, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnifocus.
October 11, 2012 New version 1.15.1
September 18, 2012 New version 1.15
June 11, 2012 New version 1.14.2
April 20, 2012 New version 1.14.1
March 30, 2012 New version 1.14
February 03, 2012 New version 1.13.3
July 11, 2008 Initial Release