- Bugfix: Random play direction sometimes didn't work properly.
»Better Ears« (formerly known as Karajan® - Music and Ear Trainer), is an educational music and ear training app, which helps you grow your musical skills and enhance your hearing capabilities. There are ten different exercises included, starting from interval recognition all the way to chord progressions - perfect for beginners and music-masters alike!
You decide how to train!
With »Better Ears« you can decide for yourself what your training routine should look like. There are no rules you have to follow, you decide when to start and how often to practice.
11 different exercises included
»Better Ears« includes 11 different exercises:
• Interval recognition
• Scale recognition
• Chord recognition
• Chord progressions
• Pitch recognition
• Tempo recognition
• Key Signature recognition
• Single notes music reading
• Interval music reading
• Scale music reading
• Chord music reading
Custom Chords, Scales and Chord Progressions
The new editor for Chords, Scales and Chord Progressions allows you to add your own items.
6 different instruments
Choose your training sound from six different instruments. Better Ears comes with Acoustic Grand piano, Bright Acoustic Piano, Electric Grand Piano, Drawbar Organ, Nylon Acoustic Guitar and Steel Acoustic Guitar.
Keyboard and Fretboard
»Better Ears« comes with a virtual keyboard and virtual guitar fretboard. You can key notes on either.
Four preset levels
»Better Ears« ships with four preset levels:
Unlimited custom levels
Additionally you can can create your own levels, letting you train to your own specific needs. Put yourself in "Training Camp" to learn church modes, or concentrate on those two pesky intervals that constantly cause you problems.
Sync all of your devices
With »Better Ears« you can keep your Mac and your iOS devices in sync. You can choose what to sync: Your own levels, your statistics, your settings or all of this.
»Better Ears« supports routing sound through an external MIDI device, allowing you to use your existing MIDI master keyboard or sound module. You can even control »Better Ears« using a connected keyboard.
For every exercise »Better Ears« knows all your current stats, including how often you have answered each question correctly or incorrectly.
»Better Ears« shows the relevant Wikipedia article for the current exercise. If a relevant article is not available online, another topically-appropriate article will be shown instead.
- June 25, 2011 New version 1.5
- December 03, 2011 Price decrease: $14.99 -> $7.99
- December 05, 2011 Price increase: $7.99 -> $14.99
- May 17, 2012 Price decrease: $14.99 -> $7.99
- May 19, 2012 Price increase: $7.99 -> $14.99
- May 31, 2012 New version 1.6
- September 22, 2012 New version 1.7
- December 13, 2012 Price decrease: $14.99 -> $7.99
- December 15, 2012 Price increase: $7.99 -> $14.99
- October 01, 2013 New version 2.0
- December 11, 2013 New version 2.0.1
- May 01, 2014 Price decrease: $14.99 -> $7.99
- May 06, 2014 Price increase: $7.99 -> $14.99
- May 08, 2014 Price decrease: $14.99 -> $7.99
- May 09, 2014 Price increase: $7.99 -> $14.99
- October 04, 2015 New version 3.0
- October 04, 2015 Price decrease: $14.99 -> $9.99
- October 15, 2015 New version 3.0.1