English version of Progressive Muscle Relaxation (PMR Pro Version).
Displaying the correct language (English) in the App Store.
SETTINGS & FEATURES
• This app includes all exercise forms of PMR.
• select BEGINNER, ADVANCED or EXPERIENCED mode
• select to practice lying down or sitting
• adjust volume of voice, music & nature sounds
• set duration for tension (3-10 sec)
• set pause lengths for relaxation (10-40 sec)
• with / without Intro / Outro
• the total runtime is displayed after each selection
• set timer to continue music / nature sounds
• 5 music tracks & 17 nature sounds
• combine 2 nature sounds simultaneously
ABOUT PMR & CONTENT OF THE APP
Edward Jacobson's Progressive Muscle Relaxation (PMR) - also called Deep Muscle Relaxation (DMR) - is a scientifically recognized relaxation method that helps to get into a state of deep relaxation through muscle tension and relaxation. PMR is a - scientifically proven - very effective relaxation method. It is recommended by doctors and therapists for many symptoms that are mostly stress-related, such as:
• migraine or headache
• inner unrest
• sleep disorders
• back pain / pain
• states of excitement,
• anxiety and panic attacks
• high blood pressure
• psychosomatic complaints
• stress and much more
With regular practice it is getting easier and easier to get into deeper relaxation states. If you have enough practice with the long form of PMR (Basic Form: 17 Muscle Groups), you can switch to the Short Forms with 7 and 4 Muscle Groups and finally to the mental form: Body Scan. Then you can relax your body just mentally.
ALL COMMON 4 FORMS OF PMR
• Basic Form (17 muscle groups)
• Short Form I (7 muscle groups)
• Short Form II (4 muscle groups)
• Mental Form (Body Scan)
for BEGINNER, ADVANCED and EXPERIENCED are taught and practiced in this app. This provides a total of 12 complete versions of the PMR.
BASIC FORM: 17 MUSCLE GROUPS
1. Right hand and forearm
2. Right upper arm
3. Left hand and forearm
4. Left upper arm
6. Upper cheek part and nose
7. Lower cheek part and jaw
9. Chest, shoulders and upper back
11. Buttocks and pelvic floor
12. Right thigh
13. Right lower leg
14. Right foot
15, 16, 17 (-> left side)
SHORT FORM I: 7 MUSCLE GROUPS
1. Right hand, forearm, and upper arm
2. Left hand, forearm and upper arm
3. Forehead, cheek part, nose and jaw
5. Chest, shoulders, back, abdominal, buttocks and pelvic floor
6. Right thigh, lower leg and foot
7. Left thigh, lower leg, and foot
SHORT FORM II: 4 MUSCLE GROUPS
1. Both hands, forearms and upper arms
2. Face and neck
3. Chest, shoulders, back, abdominal, buttocks and pelvic floor
4. Both thighs, lower legs and feet
MENTAL FORM: BODY SCAN
Guided relaxation through the whole body, starting from the face to the feet. This guide is the last stage of the PMR, in which the perception is directed to individual parts of the body without tensing them. The relaxation is now only mental. Soothing imaginations will help you.
MUSIC & NATURE SOUNDS
You can choose between 5 relaxing music tracks and 17 nature sounds. The volume levels can be adjusted individually. If desired, music and sounds can also be used alone (without voice) to relax or fall asleep.
OUTRO: FOR SLEEPING / WITH RETURN
At the end of the exercises, there is an Outro for falling asleep or with return, which can also be omitted.
DURATION OF TENSION & PAUSES FOR RELAXATION
Select your preferred duration for tension and relaxation between the muscle groups.
After the end of the exercise an unlimited time for the music and nature sounds can be set so to deepen your relaxation.
This app can and should be used offline (flight mode).
- December 07, 2018 Initial release
- December 09, 2018 New version 1.01
- December 09, 2018 New version 1.0