- Bugfixes and Stability Improvements
Application to mirror the screen of your iPhone or iPad to any LG Smart TV. No wires and no additional hardware needed! You can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your LG TV.
This works on any LG Smart TV from the 2012 models onward.
In using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 1 and 3). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
How the app works:
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same local network as your LG TV. Don't use multiple VLANs, a VPN or subnets.
2. Launch the Mirror for LG TV app. It will start looking for your LG TV(s) on your local network. When a TV is found, please select it. When you use this app for the first time, depending on your model LG TV, the TV might ask you to "allow" the connection. In that case, take your TV Remote Control and press OK to allow the connection from your TV to your iPhone or iPad.
3. Turn on notifications for this app. We will not spam you, but we will use this to let you know if your TV is working correctly or not. So please, please allow it, otherwise when things don't work as they should, you are left in the dark.
4. Click on Start Mirroring to start mirroring on the TV that is currently selected. After that, you can just go to any other app on your iPhone or iPad and the mirroring just continues to run.
5. To stop mirroring, there are two options. (1) click on the red top bar that you will see on your iPhone or iPad. (2) Go to the Mirror for LG TV app and click on Stop Mirroring.
Limitations and known issues:
- When screen mirroring from Safari, there is no audio. We advice to use the UC Browser instead of Safari.
- Sometimes audio from other apps is not playing. In this case, start a screen mirroring session, then open the app you want to mirror. If there is no sound, just close the app you are mirroring and re-open it in the same mirroring session.
Some apps don't allow screen mirroring. For instance Netflix: when you start screen mirroring when running the Netflix app on your iPhone or iPad, the TV screen will turn black. This is a choice that Netflix made, there is nothing that we can do about that.
If you have questions or would like to provide feedback, please send us an e-mail or chat with us on our Facebook page.
What our users are saying:
"Mirroring made Easy" - 5 STARS - by JBGuam
Absolutely great app, worked seamlessly with my tv, lag was minimal, but to be fair only receiving 40-45 mbs instead of 100+ mbs in the particular room I tried this. Should be even better with faster internet speeds.
"Works Great!!" - 5 STARS - by czerkman
Not sure why others had problems, I followed the directions and it worked perfectly. Ingenious idea from a developers standpoint.
"The app works great" - 5 STARS - by Alivesbg
No problems... Good set by step set-up.
When you like the app, please don't forget to give it a positive rating! Thanks in advance from the AirBeamTV development team!
Please give us feedback by mailing to [email protected]
- October 17, 2017 Initial release
- September 10, 2018 New version 2.1
- September 24, 2018 New version 3.0
- October 22, 2018 New version 3.1