With the launch of iOS 12 we are excited to bring you a fresh new look and a handful of new features:
• Auto-detection of flowers and leaves for seamless recognition (iOS 12 required). No more framing your snaps - just tap one of the detected plants and have it identified in the blink of an eye.
• Learn about plants in Augmented Reality!
• Our brand new explore screen, where you can check the map for nearby plants.
• A fully redesigned login/register screen with great improvements to known issues.
• A brand new Inbox where you will see all notifications for the snaps you sent for manual identification.
• The User and More tab are now combined in one, for easier and more intuitive navigation.
• An overall update to the app design.
And that's all coming with an update to our plant database, which now has over 585,000 species and an update to our identification algorithm, which will now bring you even better results!
Have fun snapping and let us know what you think at [email protected]
Instantly identify plants of all kinds: flowers, trees, succulents, mushrooms, cacti and more! PlantSnap is the revolutionary plant identification app from Earth.com built to help you instantly identify plants in a snap.
Users on iOS12 can experience instant plant recognition, no framing or snapping required! Simply tap a detected plant on your device for information on the plant in a real-time Augmented Reality view.
PlantSnap now works in every country on Earth and is translated into 30 languages! Our database has been upgraded to over 500,000 species, and the algorithm is now 94% accurate.
Have you ever been on a hike, vacation or simply on an afternoon walk and wondered what species that plant, flower or tree was? Take a picture of the plant and PlantSnap will tell you what it is in seconds using its robust plant database.
With Plantsnap, you can reconnect to the natural world around you and learn about nearby plants, or browse our gallery to discover new and exotic plants all across the globe. Plantsnap also comes with a map of plants nearby to help you get out and explore. Whether you find peace and mindfulness from hiking, or if you are interested in studying nature, Plantsnap has the resources and technology you need.
PlantSnap also comes paired with a seamlessly integrated companion website, allowing you to upload photos from your computer for instant identification or check items from your plant collection.
PlantSnap is powered by deep learning and artificial intelligence, meaning that it actually learns and improves with every image you feed it. Every image you take makes PlantSnap better and adds to the growing Plant Database. Get out there and start PlantSnapping!
Identify Plants with Your Camera
• Instantly learn the name of plants, flowers and trees with a picture!
• Open the PlantSnap app, snap a photo, and watch the PlantSnap Database name the plant in seconds.
Auto-Detect Plants to Identify
• PlantSnap automatically tells you when a plant is framed well
• Tap the screen where the flower is highlighted for the most accurate results
Augmented Reality Plant Identification (requires iOS12)
• Watch amazing Augmented Reality animations over a plant
• View information on a plant through an AR interface
• Our database is global and our results are instantaneous. There are currently 585,000 plant species in our worldwide database
• PlantSnap currently has 90% of all known plant species on Earth in our database, and we continue to train more species into our algorithm every month.
Plant Identification & Learning Algorithms
• Our algorithm is retrained and improved every month using the 200,000+ anonymous images taken by our users every day
• PlantSnap will update automatically for you every time we add a new batch of species, no additional fees required
• Visit my.plantsnap.com with your PlantSnap account
• View your collection from the app on the web
• Add photos to identify from your desktop, then keep track of things on your mobile
Discover the World Around You
• Use the Explore section to view every anonymous photo taken with the PlantSnap app anywhere on the entire planet
• Gamify your hikes with friends and family! Plantsnap lets you build a library of every plant, tree or flower you've snapped. See how many you can collect!
• Get some fresh air and improve your mood! Plantsnap connects the divide between technology and nature.
Download PlantSnap now and start PlantSnapping!
**Be sure to watch our instructional video to get the most accurate results!**
**Please check your email after purchasing for more detailed information.**
We are looking to make Plantsnap better all the time. Please leave your feedback in the app to help Plantsnap grow!
- June 08, 2017 Initial release
- July 24, 2017 New version 1.4
- August 02, 2017 New version 1.5
- August 20, 2017 New version 1.6
- September 15, 2017 New version 1.7
- October 11, 2017 New version 1.8
- October 31, 2017 New version 1.9
- November 14, 2017 New version 1.10
- November 22, 2017 New version 1.11
- November 22, 2017 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- November 28, 2017 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- December 02, 2017 New version 1.12
- January 01, 2018 New version 1.13
- January 03, 2018 New version 1.14
- January 20, 2018 New version 1.16
- February 10, 2018 New version 1.17
- February 27, 2018 New version 1.18
- March 11, 2018 New version 1.19
- March 23, 2018 New version 1.20
- April 03, 2018 New version 1.21
- April 07, 2018 New version 1.22
- April 14, 2018 New version 1.23
- April 23, 2018 New version 1.24
- May 04, 2018 New version 1.25
- May 11, 2018 New version 1.26
- May 23, 2018 New version 1.27
- May 25, 2018 New version 1.28
- June 03, 2018 New version 1.29
- June 25, 2018 New version 1.30
- June 27, 2018 New version 1.31
- July 17, 2018 New version 1.32
- July 18, 2018 New version 1.33
- August 10, 2018 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- August 13, 2018 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- August 18, 2018 New version 1.34
- August 23, 2018 New version 1.35
- August 27, 2018 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- August 31, 2018 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- September 04, 2018 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- September 04, 2018 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- September 04, 2018 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- September 10, 2018 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- September 12, 2018 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- September 14, 2018 New version 1.36
- September 18, 2018 New version 2.00
- September 21, 2018 New version 2.00.1
- September 21, 2018 New version 2.00.2
- October 07, 2018 New version 2.00.3
- October 11, 2018 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- October 11, 2018 New version 2.00.4
- October 15, 2018 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- October 21, 2018 New version 2.01.0