Want to learn All about Grace Hopper biography, his famous quotes, and to watch his documentary all in one App? This is for you.
- Visualized history and biography, for easy learning and reference
- Famous Quotes to get inspiration
- Documentary or speeches to bring you virtually back to the history
- Having everything about Grace Hopper in one App.
Brief Introduction of Grace Hopper:
Grace Brewster Murray Hopper (December 9, 1906 – January 1, 1992), née Grace Brewster Murray, was an American computer scientist and United States Navy Rear Admiral. She was one of the first programmers of the Harvard Mark I computer in 1944, invented the first compiler for a computer programming language, and was one of those who popularized the idea of machine-independent programming languages which led to the development of COBOL, one of the first high-level programming languages.
Owing to her accomplishments and her naval rank, she is sometimes referred to as "Amazing Grace". The U.S. Navy Arleigh Burke class guided-missile destroyer USS Hopper (DDG-70) is named for her, as is the Cray XE6 "Hopper" supercomputer at NERSC.
We look forward your feedback and comment to improve your experience with this application.
- November 05, 2016 Initial release