Pocoyo Playset Number Party is a fun and engagingeducational application which helps kids develop number sense through playing with the variety of games and activities included.
In this Playset, children will estimate and compare quantities to guide Pato in choosing the right road to deliver ice cream to a party before it melts. The estimation continues as children try to win party favors by subitizing to find the number of balloons flying overhead. All of this helps the children develop critical number sense (mathematical street smarts), which is an intuitive understanding of numbers, their magnitude, how they are affected by operations, and the mathematical language to describe this.
With the support of this unit children will:
• Identify what is mathematically plausible or impossible (e.g. One plus ten is a lot more than one; five plus three cannot equal one hundred).
• Subitize quantities by identify 1,2,3 or 4 dots without counting.
• Estimate and compare numbers of objects
• Explore, learn and use mathematical language related to number sense (a lot, a little, more, fewer, etc.).
• Build fluency in oral English
Enjoy watching your children learn and have fun!
Co-created in partnership with Hispanic Information and Telecommunications Network, Inc.
- July 02, 2016 Initial release
- July 07, 2016 New version 1.1
- July 26, 2016 New version 1.2
- August 03, 2016 New version 1.3
- August 14, 2016 New version 1.4
- November 07, 2016 New version 1.8