- Brand new shadows / highlights algorithm in Develop.
- Brand new clarity algorithm in Develop.
- Now fully supports open-in-place - including saving back directly to the original location.
- New “Import from Camera” - supporting RAW and automatic HDR bracketed merge. Has fancy histograms and scopes.
- New ability to install custom fonts in preferences.
- New “Average Blur” filter.
- New “Solo” layer option in layer properties panel.
- New preferences option to show touches - good for screen recording.
- Added the “Median Brush” tool.
- Added ability to export brushes.
- Added ability to both import and export styles.
- Added option in preferences to cache screen updates - you will see much less pixelation when painting etc. - but it uses more memory.
- Added transparent TGA import support.
- Adjustments panel now has an option to show a simple list (by popular request).
- Overhaul of pencil / touch input mechanism - this enabled much needed functionality such as long pressing with Apple Pencil to pick colours in brush tools, etc.
- Apple Pencil can now dismiss flyouts without passing a tap through.
- Further performance improvements in develop persona.
- Preferences option to choose default storage location.
- Improved support for the dropping of files into an open document.
- Bitmap fills are now available on vector objects.
- Can now rotate image in Develop.
- Pasting now keeps things in the right place.
- Maximum / minimum filters now obey the current channels properly.
- Brush scatter works properly when controller is “random”.
- Improved angle / tilt support for Apple Pencil.
- Handle vertical panoramas better.
- Improved crop tool behaviour when using ratios.
- Improved retouching tools in 32bit mode.
- Improvements to selection refinement.
- Improved TIFF support.
- Channels page improvements / fixes.
- “Save a copy” stability improvements.
- Ability to clear history.
- New “Constrain” modifier button for Depth of Field tool.
- Snapping candidates can now be selected by hovering over them whilst in a drag.
- All colour flyouts now have a built in colour picker.
- Increased the maximum undo stack size.
- OpenType improvements.
- Added “Undo” to the two-finger-tap context menu.
- Improved input smoothing for all tools.
- Improved behaviour when trying to move small layers (ie. avoid inadvertent resizes).
- Improved text tool UI.
- Moved spelling suggestions to context menu.
- Creating stacks from RAW files now works more correctly.
- Improved Perlin Noise filter.
- PSD, PDF import / export improvements.
- Help improvements.
- Fixed transform studio aspect ratio lock.
- Fixed some HDR merge crashes.
- Fixed multiply blend mode in 32bit documents.
- Fixed marching ants disappearing when canvas is rotated.
- Fixed issues with “Direction” brush controller.
- Fixed colour picker appearing too easily in paint brush tool.
- Fixed long press being too short in some tools.
- Fixed HEIF import from Photos app.
- Fixed issue where stray colour picker loupe could remain after switching tools.
- Fixed incorrect DPI limit in resize tool.
- Fixed inability to export liquify meshes.
- Numerous other fixes and stability improvements.
** Affinity Photo for iPad supports iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 and iPad (early 2017). Please note that older iPads are not supported. **
Affinity Photo is the first fully featured, truly professional photo editing tool for iPad - built from exactly the same back-end as our award-winning desktop version and fully optimised to harness the power of iPad’s hardware and touch capabilities.
Photo for iPad offers an incredibly fast, powerful and immersive experience whether you are at home, in the studio, or on the move. With meticulous attention to detail each tool, panel and control has been completely reimagined for touch. All rendering, adjustments, brushes and filters have been fully hardware accelerated using Metal. The result is an all-new way to interact with your images, with performance you will find hard to believe.
• Full support for unlimited layers, layer groups, adjustment layers, filter layers and masks
• Resize layers without any loss of quality. Lock, hide, duplicate and merge layers easily
• Edit live filters, adjustments, effects, blend modes and masks non-destructively
• Undo history can be saved with the document so you can always undo your changes
• Task-focused workspaces for developing, post-processing, tone mapping and liquify
Professional image processing
• Open RAW and other images in a dedicated pre-processing workspace
• Adjust exposure, blackpoint, clarity, vibrance, white balance, shadows, highlights and much more
• Recover detail thought to be lost by editing in an unbounded linear color space
• Advanced lens corrections including chromatic aberration, defringe, vignette and best-in-class noise reduction
• View histograms, blown highlights, shadows and tones as well as EXIF information
• Focus Merge, HDR Merge and Tone mapping for advanced image processing
• 360° image support including full projected image editing
• Panorama stitching including full perspective corrections and lighting adjustments
• Full support for image channels
• Massive collection of effects available, including blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows, glows, lighting and many more
Quality retouching and correction tools
• Intuitive selection brush and refinement makes selections simple, even down to strands of hair
• Instantly remove unwanted objects with an incredibly advanced Inpainting brush
• Dodge, burn, clone, patch, blemish and red eye tools
• Smooth and retouch skin with built-in frequency separation
• Apply high quality single-plane and dual-plane perspective correction as well as fully customisable mesh warps - all in real time
• Dedicated Liquify persona gives freehand control over warps, twirls, pinch, punch and turbulence
Advanced brush engine
• Huge library of painting, drawing, textures and professional DAUB® Brushes included
• Create custom brushes and nozzles with full control over advanced dynamics
• Extensive collection of brush tools including Paint, Mixer, Pixel, Color Replacement, Blur, Smudge, Sharpen and Undo brushes
Engineered for Professionals
• Open, edit and save Photoshop® PSD files
• RGB, CMYK, HDR, Greyscale and LAB colour spaces
• End-to-end CMYK workflow with ICC colour management and OCIO support
• Full 16 and 32-bit per channel editing
• Work with all standard formats like PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, SVG, EPS, EXR, HDR, PSD and PDF
• Cross-platform compatibility with iOS, macOS and Windows® with 100% file compatibility
Optimised for iPad
• Metal accelerated to achieve blazing-fast performance, even when editing large images
• Sensitive to pressure, tilt and angle, Affinity Photo harnesses the full power and precision of Apple Pencil
• Full iCloud drive integration allows for seamless file management, storage and sharing
- June 06, 2017 Initial release
- June 07, 2017 New version 1.6.1
- June 15, 2017 New version 1.6.2
- July 05, 2017 New version 1.6.3
- July 17, 2017 Price increase: $19.99 -> $29.99
- July 24, 2017 Price decrease: $29.99 -> $19.99
- August 22, 2017 New version 1.6.4
- September 21, 2017 New version 1.6.5
- December 07, 2017 Price decrease: $19.99 -> $9.99
- December 09, 2017 Price increase: $9.99 -> $19.99
- December 18, 2017 Price decrease: $19.99 -> $15.99
- December 18, 2017 Price decrease: $15.99 -> $14.99
- January 06, 2018 Price increase: $14.99 -> $19.99
- February 23, 2018 New version 1.6.7
- July 12, 2018 Price decrease: $19.99 -> $13.99