* Look up words in your system's dictionaries when you're offline.
* You can also search inside your book when offline.
* Libby suggests some tag names when you create a new tag.
* Faster cover images that use less of your data.
* We've added more libraries where you can get an Instant Digital Card (if you're an eligible resident, of course).
* Popovers are more intelligent about appearing above the keyboard.
* Fixes for some rare but unpleasant crashes.
Not quite brand new but recent!
* A guided welcome. Libby asks you questions that get you signed into your library quickly, and using your favorite reading device.
* A guided menu. We've reorganized the menu to show you the information you need the most. Detailed configuration options are tucked away if you need them.
* Setup Codes. Already have Libby on one device? Copy all your cards to your other devices in about 2 seconds.
* Much better support. Get in touch with us by asking a question, reporting a problem, suggesting an idea or taking our survey. If you have any difficulties using Libby, let us know!
* "Format" as a list preference. You can now exclude ebooks from Libby's results if you're only interested in audiobooks, or vice versa.
* When listening to an audiobook, you can tell Libby to sleep at the end of the current chapter. Just swiped down on the sleep button (it's the crescent moon).
* Sort your holds by estimated wait time.
* Many little details, design enhancements and bug fixes.
Meet Libby. Did you know your local library has thousands of ebooks and audiobooks? You can borrow them, instantly, for free, using just the device in your hand.
1. Fish out your library card
2. Open the Libby app
3. Find your local library
4. Search, sample, borrow, enjoy
It takes just a few taps to find and borrow a book. Libby has a ground-breaking built-in ebook reader, and a beautiful audiobook player. If you prefer, you can send books to your Kindle for reading.
• Sign in to multiple libraries, with one or more library cards
• Stay signed in for as long as you like
• Download books and audiobooks for offline reading, or stream them to save space
• Sample any book with a tap — nothing to download or delete
• Try a zoomable graphic novel, or a picture book with readalong audio
• All your holds and loans are consolidated on a single shelf
• Tag titles as read, loved, hated, wishlist, schoolbook, beach-reading, whatever you like
• Your loans, holds, reading positions, bookmarks and notes are synchronized automatically across all your devices
• Keep track of your reading history in the Activity tab
Libby is the brand new app from OverDrive Labs. We're trying to simplify and bring joy to every aspect of digital borrowing and reading. If you love it, you can use it instead of the OverDrive app. If you don't love it yet, feel free to keep using the OverDrive app, but check in on Libby from time to time — we're adding features and squashing bugs every day.
- December 15, 2016 Initial release
- December 21, 2016 New version 1.0.1
- January 06, 2017 New version 1.0.2
- May 10, 2018 New version 1.4.0