New characters, support for Spanish, bug fixes and more!
- We've added characters and backgrounds from three additional PBS KIDS shows. Now you can make projects featuring the characters from Arthur, Odd Squad, and PBS KIDS' newest hit show, Ready Jet Go!
- We've added the ability to toggle back and forth between English and Spanish depending on your preference
- We've added an autosave feature along with other minor bug fixes and tweaks.
With PBS KIDS ScratchJr, kids can create their own interactive stories and games featuring their favorite characters from Odd Squad, Wild Kratts, Nature Cat, Arthur, WordGirl, Peg + Cat, and Ready Jet Go! The storytelling possibilities are endless with this creative coding app for children ages 5-8.
By snapping together colorful programming blocks, children can make characters move, jump, dance and sing. In the process, kids will learn to solve problems, design projects and express themselves creatively on an iPad. With PBS KIDS ScratchJr, children don’t just learn to code, they code to learn.
- Colorful Programming Blocks - Snap together the color-coded motion, sound, look, trigger and control blocks to create sequences of actions that cause characters to animate and interact in fun and exciting ways.
- PBS KIDS Characters and Backgrounds - With 150+ PBS KIDS characters, children can create projects based on their favorite shows and can mix-and-match as much as they’d like!
- Paint Editing - Create your own characters and backgrounds.
Voice Recording - Use the recording tool to add sounds and your voice to projects.
- Story Starters - Looking for inspiration? Eight story starters in the app are a great place to start. Each Story Starter features a different set of characters and is designed to encourage children to edit and complete the story however they’d like.
For more PBS KIDS apps, visit http://www.pbskids.org/apps
For more on ScratchJr, visit http://www.scratchjr.org
Our support email is [email protected] Please reach out with feedback and suggestions!
PBS KIDS ScratchJr is a collaboration between PBS, Tufts University, the MIT Media Lab, and the Playful Invention Company. The PBS KIDS logo & PBS KIDS® PBS. Used with permission. ScratchJr logo is used with permission. PBS is not affiliated with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology or Tufts University.
- December 05, 2015 Initial release
- December 12, 2015 New version 1.1.1
- November 07, 2016 New version 1.2.1
- June 08, 2017 New version 1.2.2