Thanks for all the feedback so far! This update integrates a lot of suggestions and fix requests we received. Send feedback to @rocketcatgames on twitter or contact us through our support email.
- Enemies now have attack indicators on the turn just before they attack.
- Combat HUD now shows the remaining enemy count in that battle.
- Tapping on the remaining enemy count opens the Enemy Beastiary with descriptions of the remaining enemies.
- Pause Dialog now shows what cards each character in your party has.
- Game now uses less memory and performs better, especially on older devices.
- Many small visual improvements.
- Fixes and improvements to combat, card logic and overall gameplay balance.
- Fixes and improvements to save game data.
- Tactical Shuffle and Vanish now interrupt across lanes if there's no enemy in the forward lane.
- Injury to Insult now shoots the last enemy that was attacked by your party, for extra damage if the last attack was made by an ally rather than the ARcher herself.
- Scrollbar added to pre-fight popup enemy list.
- If an enemy is at 30% health or under, Mercy range, their health meter will now pulse as an indicator.
- Saved games now remember what screen you were last on in the dungeon.
- Boon dialog can be closed early by tapping the screen.
- Banish now consistently cancels any active attacks on the target enemy.
- Mirror Shield nerfs: Reflects 120% damage base instead of 150%. Blocks half the damage of an enemy attack instead of all of it.
- Clarified that Mirror Shield also counts as a block.
- Changed description of Firestorm to clarify that it requires the Mage to attack after the third turn.
- Description of Kick and Bash changed to clarify that it works on Lightweight enemies.
- Enemy descriptions changed to clarify which ones are "Lightweight".
- Fixed Priest using wrong class title sometimes.
- Fixed an exploit with force quitting the game with Mending Boon.
- Mage's Arcing Blast now correctly does double damage if it's Shiny.
- Fixed a bug with using the Phoenix Feather with 2 dead party members.
- Various other fixes, adjustments, and changes based on player feedback.
Let us know what else you'd like to see, and thanks for the patience. This game involved a lot of new ground for us, and we'd like to improve on our work in the turn-based RPG genre in the future.
Five Card Quest is a tactical role playing game designed to offer lots of challenge and replay value, while also being easy to control with one thumb. There are five cards in your hand, and every card you play is a different move for your team of heroes to carry out.
Dungeons and battles are randomly generated, making every game different. Create a party of adventurers out of 5 different character classes, each with their own strengths. Plan out your moves in a game about decisive turn-based combat and working out strategies around uncertainty.
If you're very careful and a little lucky, you may be able to defeat the Golden King. You might even get rich in the process.
- Turn based battles let you agonize about each move and/or play it on the subway.
- Difficult to win, easy to play.
- Card game inspired battle system. You must plan based on what you have in your hand.
- Fast paced combat, especially for the genre. Both you and enemies do lots of damage.
- 16 different enemy types, all with different movesets and behaviors.
This is our first game in the turn based RPG genre. We'd like to make more!
Help us out, let us know what you think about Five Card Quest and contact us at:
@rocketcatgames or www.facebook.com/rocketcatgames
- October 29, 2015 Initial release
- November 01, 2015 New version 1.1
- January 16, 2016 New version 1.2