This update introduces some major new transcription features.
* You can now set your transcription language from within the app, independent of your device's language setting.
* You can now dictate punctuation commands such as 'comma' and 'new paragraph' to format your transcriptions.
* You can now tap on the scrolling transcription in the playback view to display the entire formatted transcription in a much larger view.
Plus... all the other great features of 2.1 that take advantage of the exciting new capabilities of iOS 10 and watchOS 3...
* One-tap recording with a new widget accessible from the Lock Screen and Notifications Center.
* Effortless sharing to your favourite apps and services.
* Keyword search of your transcripts, either in-app or in Spotlight, makes finding your recordings a breeze.
Just Press Record is a simple, professional audio recorder that brings the ultimate convenience of one-tap recording and instant syncing via iCloud to all your devices. Perfect for capturing ideas, thoughts and memos on the go.
And with speech to text transcription, high quality audio playback and effortless sharing via Notes, Messages, Mail or any of your favourite apps that support audio or text, Just Press Record really is the perfect tool to fit seamlessly into your day.
Transcription language can be set within the app, independent of your device's language setting. And formatting your transcriptions is easy with punctuation command recognition.
The ideal tool for musicians, journalists, businesses, students, lecturers, audio professionals, podcasters or anyone who needs to capture audio at home, in the studio or on the move.
Available for iOS 10, watchOS 3 and macOS.
** Featured by Apple at WWDC 2016 as an example of excellent design **
** iMore's ‘Apple Watch app of the Year’ **
** Featured in the New York Times **
Play back and record on all your iOS devices, Apple Watch and Mac – giving ultimate flexibility on how you use your recordings.
Recordings and iOS transcriptions are saved straight to iCloud Drive so they sync instantly and automatically across all your devices. An iCloud account is required to use the app.
ONE TAP RECORDING FROM ALL YOUR DEVICES
Instant access to a record button whenever you need it. A widget on the Lock Screen and in Notifications Center in iOS, a Complication on Apple Watch and a Menu Bar icon on the Mac bring you the ultimate convenience of one-tap recording wherever you are. (Mac version is a separate purchase on the Mac App Store)
SPEECH TO TEXT TRANSCRIPTION
New for iOS 10, Just Press Record lets you transcribe your spoken words into text. Turn your recordings into handy text that scrolls along with your recording as it plays back. Tap on the single-line, scrolling transcription to display the entire formatted transcription in a much larger view.
TRANSCRIPTION LANGUAGE SETTING
Select your transcription language from within the app, independent of your device's language setting.
PUNCTUATION COMMAND RECOGNITION
Format your transcriptions easily with the ability to dictate punctuation commands as you record, such as 'comma' and 'new paragraph'.
Share your recordings and transcripts to any of the apps and services you have set up on your device, or to iTunes on Mac or PC via the Lightning connector. Your device’s share options are your only limitation.
ALL RECORDINGS FULLY SEARCHABLE
Find your recordings by keyword search, either in-app or in Spotlight.
STAND ALONE RECORDING AND PLAYBACK ON APPLE WATCH
Record on your Apple Watch even when your iPhone is not around. The next time they connect, recordings made on Apple Watch will transfer to your iPhone. Your most recent recordings are kept on your Apple Watch so you can listen to them right from your wrist.
UNLIMITED RECORDING TIME
With unlimited recording time you can record just about anything, so long as you have enough storage on iCloud Drive!
Recordings are automatically organised by date and time but can be renamed so you can locate them easily.
BACKGROUND RECORDING ON iOS
Browse other apps while you record.
Support for Slide Over and Split View on iPad.
Start and stop a recording from the home screen with a Quick Action. Peek and Pop the contents of folders in the list of recordings.
VOICE OVER AND ACCESSIBILITY
Full accessibility support including VoiceOver and Magic Tap gesture to start and stop a recording.
Recordings are saved in the standard iTunes M4A (AAC) format.
Just Press Record for iOS implements the following URL scheme:
Launch Just Press Record:
Start a new recording:
Stop and save the recording
- September 22, 2015 Initial release
- October 02, 2015 New version 1.0.1
- October 07, 2015 New version 1.1
- October 10, 2015 New version 1.1.1
- November 10, 2015 New version 1.1.2
- November 15, 2015 New version 1.2
- November 28, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- December 01, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- January 21, 2016 New version 1.2.1
- February 19, 2016 New version 1.3
- August 16, 2016 New version 1.3.1
- November 05, 2016 New version 2.0.1
- November 05, 2016 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- November 25, 2016 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- November 28, 2016 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- November 29, 2016 New version 2.1